On the 2008 model nspire CAS there are dedicated keys for pi, i, sin, cos, tan plus a few others. On the models since 2011 these have been relegated inside other keys. So cos(pi/2)+i*sin(pi/2) takes way longer to type with the newer model. I have a 2008 and 2019 model buy rarely use the 2019 model for this very reason, it is VERY frustrating.

I have made shortcuts on the 2019 model by placing complex i in memory i, pi in memory p and defining s(x) to equal sin(x) etc. But sooner or later I clear the memory or wipe the functions and then need to start over. Does anyone know of a permanent fix ?
I'm not aware of a permanent fix for the Nspire. If you just got it, you may want to consider exchanging it for an HP Prime G2. The HP Prime has dedicated Sin Cos and Tan keys and lets you access i and pi by pressing [shift]>[2] and [shift]>[3] respectively. It also lets you customize the keys and backup the whole calculator, on the calculator. So if the calculator resets, you can always just load the backup (either from a computer or the same calculator) and have it automatically setup again. It sounds like it fits your use case a bit better.
Thanks for that tip, it sounds useful and could be what I need. I have been thinking of the HP and you have just given me the excuse I needed to add to my collection!
NONO DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE GET THE HP PRIME IT'S REALLY BAD
anyway just write your number in polar form (e to the power of your (angle times π)) and convert to rectangular. no need to get a stupid calculator with bad Python that doesn't even have a keyboard and so might actually be worse for you
TheDarkBomber wrote:
... no need to get a stupid calculator with bad Python that doesn't even have a keyboard and so might actually be worse for you

Put some effort into your posts. Don't make bold claims without anything to back you up.
HP Prime G2 vs Nspire CX II CAS comparison.
TheDarkBomber wrote:

?? Certainly not in terms of raw specs

TheDarkBomber wrote:
no need to get a stupid calculator with bad Python that doesn't even have a keyboard and so might actually be worse for you

That better not be about the HP Prime, not only is it SIGNIFICANTLY faster than the TI-nspire CX II, it supports more modules and has over 125x the heap memory available.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours