The original post is currently undergoing some debugging due to a URL issue, so instead of editing it Imma repost my question here:

Quote:
I'm sure you're asking this question all the time, but I'm looking for recommendations for a new graphing calculator (an approved one, or at least one that doesn't break the listed rules: https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/exam-administration-ordering-scores/administering-exams/on-exam-day/calculator-policy/2021-calculator-policy).

This is the first real time I've looked into graphing calculators as far as picking a more "enthusiast" one. I've always just gone with whatever TI model the school's said to get. I know they just released the CE Python Edition, but from what I've seen it seems to be a slower and limited python experience. In addition, there's the whole thing with them blocking assembly and them still releasing calculators made of older cheap parts for like $150.

If y'all know of any better calculators from other brands (and who knows, maybe TI's still the best one to get anyway) then I'd be happy for the suggestions! Ideally, it'd be fairly programmy/tinkery I guess, but that's why I'm coming here to the experts 0x5.

Thanks,
-Zman
I'd recommend a TI-84 (plus ce), because that's what the teachers will use.
If you're willing to read a manual and learn the functions yourself, I'd recommend a TI-89 Titanium. It's far more capable than the '84, and IMO it's easier to use/program as well.
Both are on CollegeBoard's list.
I would recommend the HP Prime.

But then get a CE too because they are awesome.
Definitely an HP Prime would be the best for all of your math-related needs, but you should also probably have a TI-84 Plus tucked away somewhere because of standardized tests and things like that.
Michael0x18 wrote:
If you're willing to read a manual and learn the functions yourself, I'd recommend a TI-89 Titanium. It's far more capable than the '84, and IMO it's easier to use/program as well.
Both are on CollegeBoard's list.

If you are going for the 89, then why not the nspires? Even more functions, even faster and still permitted.
Because the only nspire that's permitted on tests like the ACT is the one with less functionality than the '89. Both the 89 and all variants of the NSpire are okay with College Board.
Another reason why I still prefer the older 68000 series (89, 92, V200) is TI's attitude towards native code on the NSpire series.
the TI-Nspire CX Ⅱ CAS is definitely the best calculator in 2021. would be good to have other less powerful calculator also just in case.
I will always stand by the 84+ CE as the best you could get, you have a color screen, plenty of mathematical and scientific functions, and the ability to program. I’ve never had anything other than an 83/84+ though, so I can’t necessarily give an accurate opinion.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours