I finally was able to re-type in and debug my old TI-82 games that I wrote a long time ago. I've uploaded them to a GitHub repo here: https://github.com/munsie/ticalc/tree/main/84

These versions were typed in and tested on a TI-84+ SE. There shouldn't be any reason why they wouldn't work on a TI-82, 83+, or 84+, other than needing to be converted back to those devices. No new functionality from the 84+ SE was used.

I unfortunately lost a few games. I had a really nice Pyramid solitaire game, but lost it before I was able to make a backup. I also had a Checkers game that I had managed to fit into the TI-82. I lost that one when my TI-81 was stolen.

Now that I've gotten this done, I can focus on making something new here. I want to finally explore writing assembly code. I also might tackle porting and updating some of these games for the 84+ CE.
Nice work! It's always a relief to be able to rescue old programs: I got a TI-73 back after about 17 years that I had written off as lost, and was gratified to find that a number of games that I had written for it and never saved were still intact (and are now safely on my computed). For a few of the more complex projects you've written there, like Slots and Breakout, I strongly recommend uploading to the Cemetech file archives to make them easier to find!
That's really cool - I love how you included to rough year of creation too Smile.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours