So I'm trying to repair the thin ribbon cable on my TI Voyage 200. From what I gathered
from various research it would be possible to use a soldering iron on a very low temperature to re-attach the cable if it was fully lined up properly, but I'm not sure what to do because it appears that the cable might be damaged slightly. It looks like some of the contacts on the board and also on the cable are slightly worn away (mostly on the cable but I already put the calc back together before looking at the pictures Rolling Eyes ):

Should I cut off the scratched part of the ribbon cable and then try to re-attach it or should I re-attach it without removing the frayed area? Is this the proper method of repair?

Thanks in advance for dealing with my stupidity

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours