It occurred to me after reading a completely unrelated post that it would be extremely easy to set up the CodeBlocks IDE so that it would not only compile a C program using the CE C Toolchain as I previously outlined here: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17798 but I could set it up to then load the TI-84+CE program into CEmu and run it all with a single key stroke.

To do this all you need to do after setting up your project as I outlined is add the following;
1) Select Project > Build options.
2) In 'Post-build steps' enter these instructions:
cmd /c C:\CEdev\CEmu\CEmu -s bin\$(PROJECT_NAME).8xp --launch $(PROJECT_NAME)
Change the path to point to wherever you have CEmu installed. Now by pressing Ctrl-F9 to build or Ctrl-F11 to clean then build CodeBlocks will build your project, load it into CEmu where CEmu will then run it.

I don't know why, but if you include --no-reset before --launch CEmu will sometimes give you a 'Transfer warning' error (not always) but after clicking OK your program will run. This isn't a big problem, but if it is caused by something I've done wrong I would like to here about it so I can fix it.

Since I've mostly only heard crickets about integrating the CE C Toolchain into CodeBlocks, I am, curious as to how everyone else is compiling and running C or C++ programs.
i just created a build task in VS Code, and I configured the keybinding cmd+m to build gfx and build my code. then, i just switch to the next desktop screen and drag the binary into CEmu, and click enter.
randomguy
Quote:
i just created a build task in VS Code, and I configured the keybinding cmd+m to build gfx and build my code. then, i just switch to the next desktop screen and drag the binary into CEmu, and click enter.

Thanks for the reply. I have never used VS Code. I've used VS and have it install on this computer (I don't particularly like using VS, but that's a personal problem Very Happy). I've been using CB for around 15 years and feel comfortable with it. Also, I like to go against the current accepted norms and do things differently. Besides, it is good to have choices! I like to know how other people do things, that way I learn more.

As for reading your post, I got the idea reading an unrelated old post on the CodeBlocks forum.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours