Solving Rubik`s Cubes !

Can you solve Rubik`s Cubes? Is it your hobby?

You can post here pictures of your favourite cubes, post your record times in solving a cube,
tell me how you learned to solve them and which method you use and more.
You can also post sources about how to learn solving cubes or post algorithms in a common notation.

If you have any question, tell me!

This are my favourite cubes. The 3x3 and 5x5
My best time in solving the 3x3 was 29.7 sec and in solving the 5x5 was 5 min 31 sec.

I use the Friedrich-method for the 3x3, but until now I didn`t learn all 70 algorithms.
And the 5x5 ("Professors Cube") I solve by making the cube simulating a 3x3 and
then solving it like a 3x3.
Cool there's another cuber on cemetech! (I think there's a couple others but I'm not sure) I really love cubing, although I haven't been in the competition circle for a while. I'll post a picture of my full collection later. Also quick note, the QiYi 3x3 was my first speedcube Laughing . It's an excellent cube and I'd totally recommend it for anyone wanting to start speedcubing. Smile
To be honest, i hate Rubiks cubes. My little brother is constanly doing this, and i really hate it Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes .
Rubik's cubes are really fun. It's been a long time since I picked mine up but I had some okay PB's. My 3x3 PB was 45 seconds and for my Pyraminx PB was 8 seconds. Since you mentioned this hobby, I might come back to it.
My first speedcube was the QiYi 3x3 too (on the picture (also the QiYi 5x5)).
It`s a great cube for beginners and advanced cubers.
The cube is stickerless and has rounded corners and moves very smooth
(if you take good care of the cube and oil it regulary, you will have long time fun with these smooth moves)

@Gyo V
Nice that you can tell us also about Pyraminx. I never tried a Pyraminx, but you made me curious.
Is it something with similar difficulty like the 2x2?
And how many algorithms you needed to learn for Pyraminx?
Pyraminx is really fun. Beginners takes no time at all, but it's still challenging. I'd totally recommend learning.
Here's my collection!

I used to have a ghost cube and a molecube too, but I couldn't find them after I moved to Japan.
I don't remember my times exactly, but my best time for the 3x3 is ~55 seconds using the beginner method.
Here, as promised, is my full collection!

The cubes in this photo are (from left to right, top to bottom):
▪ X-Man Bell Pyraminx
▪ X-Man Wingy Skewb
▪ [i forget the brand name] 2x2
▪ Original Rubik's brand 3x3
▪ [i forget the brand name] Megaminx
▪ QiYi 4x4
▪ The Valk Power M 3x3
▪ [i forget the brand name] 3x3
▪ QiYi 3x3
▪ And 2 mini cubes up top

And front and center is my current 3x3 main, the Gan 356 X:
This are very nice collections!
I never thought that I will ever want to buy something like a Skewb, Pyraminx or Tower Cube,
but It`s the best way to expand this hobby.

Notice:
2x2 = Pocket Cube
3x3 = Rubik`s Cube
4x4 = Rubik`s Revenge or Rubik`s Master Cube
5x5 = Professors Cube
6x6 = V-Cube 6
7x7 = V-Cube 7
8x8 = ?
9x9 = ?

Do you know other names?
I only do it as a small side hobby. I have a nice speedcube, but I don't go into much depth. I have learned some of the algorithms necessary to speed up, and added some modifications of my own to make it more comfortable. I'm honestly not that good though, my best time being a horribly slow 34.6 (not perfectly accurate).
Oh, I don`t think 34.6 on the 3x3 is horrible slow (except in the view of some people like Feliks Zemdegs).
DAVID-19 wrote:
My first speedcube was the QiYi 3x3 too (on the picture (also the QiYi 5x5)).
It`s a great cube for beginners and advanced cubers.
The cube is stickerless and has rounded corners and moves very smooth
(if you take good care of the cube and oil it regulary, you will have long time fun with these smooth moves)

@Gyo V
Nice that you can tell us also about Pyraminx. I never tried a Pyraminx, but you made me curious.
Is it something with similar difficulty like the 2x2?
And how many algorithms you needed to learn for Pyraminx?

The pyraminx is very easy, easier than a 2x2. You only need to learn like 2 or 3 main algorithms if I remember. I taught myself the algorithms.
Here a pattern I found on the 5x5 cube:

Cool! Kind of a turned corners,

but without alternating colors.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours