Thank you for your answers Smile
I think using Designer would be the best way.

TIny_Hacker wrote:
Possibly using Designer to generate a string and pasting it in?

You can create a new icon (16*16 sprite) and store it directly into the folder icon. (after creating press clear, SAVE, PRGM, ICON, choose the folder)

I also want that you can choose the programs and enter the folder name at the same time, but then I would have to use another key than enter and 2nd to create the folder. Which key would you use?
You could use Mode for creating the folder, it's right up close to second so it would be easy to move your finger over and click it. (As opposed to enter which is very far away from second and the arrow keys.)

EDIT:
Don't use Mode, randomguy reminded me that was used for changing the folder type. Possibly Alpha or X,T,θ,n would work though. On a side note: How does deleting a folder work? Can you delete it and will all the programs stay or will they not be accessible in Cesium anymore?
If you delete an unpacked folder you can still run your programs normally, just when you delete a packed folder your programs will be deleted too.
Version 2 is downloadable! Very Happy

Folders v2 is giving me the same bugs as before Sad
I am able to select only a few files, and when I create a folder if I try to open it my calculator freezes and crashes. I do like the new feature that tells you how much memory you have left in a folder though!
Crazy; I tried it on three different "TI-84 Plus CE-T"s with OS versions 5.2 and 5.3, using these cLibs and it works fine...
(Therad2 had an OS version problem too...)
This program is actually a nice idea!
I will try this program too! See if I also get bugs or not.
Frederik wrote:
Crazy; I tried it on three different "TI-84 Plus CE-T"s with OS versions 5.2 and 5.3, using these cLibs and it works fine...
(Therad2 had an OS version problem too...)

That's interesting. I'm using a Rev M TI-84 Plus CE on OS 5.3; I wonder if that might have anything to do with the errors?
I noticed that one file in the Folders upload is wrong (sorry). I will upload a new version...
Frederik wrote:
I noticed that one file in the Folders upload is wrong (sorry). I will upload a new version...

That could be what is causing my errors. I'll make sure to try it with the fixed version when I can.
You can now download the fixed version here.
I tried it again and I am getting almost identical bugs as last time. However, while the UI of the program is glitching, I can still sometimes manage to successfully create a folder that doesn't crash when opened.
So it´s only the UI? Thats interesting. Maybe it allocates too much memory (3719 bytes). Do you have more than 100 files; that could cause an error too.
Hello, while I was working on my DESIGNER I noticed that the program crashed when using clibs version 9.2.1 or 9.2.2 . This remembered me to the problem with FOLDERS. For me it works fine when I use version 9.0 . You could try if that solves the problem for you too...
Frederik wrote:
Hello, while I was working on my DESIGNER I noticed that the program crashed when using clibs version 9.2.1 or 9.2.2 . This remembered me to the problem with FOLDERS. For me it works fine when I use version 9.0 . You could try if that solves the problem for you too...
Idk if this is the same issue but in the UI it shows up that every file is 11 kb and when it tries to create the folder it just deletes the items selected and creates an empty ti basic program.
I hope you didn't lose any important programs Sad
I'm sorry, I don't have any idea why this happens... On my calc everything is fine. Does it work with v9.0 and do you also have the appvar Folders? Otherwise I might have to rewrite it...
If you are having issues with library versions, your code is at fault, not the library.
It's written in ICE, so I don't use the libraries directly (ICE does that for me)...
Frederik wrote:
It's written in ICE, so I don't use the libraries directly (ICE does that for me)...

That... doesn't matter? You are calling the libraries directly in your code. You need to be sure you follow the API and handle any error returns.
Well for myself I have no issues with the program, so i don't know where the mistakes could be.

What I meant with that i don't use the libraries directly is that I don't know API and stuff like that yet; I just use the ICE commands:

Code:
CloseAll()
OpenVar(PRGMNAME,"w",TYPE) //slot is 1
Write(DATA,SIZE,1,1)
SetArchiveSatus(1,1)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours