Hello guys! For a school assignment I had to create an app with Xamarin, a C# cross-platform framework. It could be anything I wanted, so I collaborated with one of my siblings to create this project. What you can see is 3 hexagon tiles with a LEDstrip inside. This strip is controlled by an Arduino Nano inside the hexagon and the tiles are connected via I2C. The right tile is the master, it contains an extra HM-10 BLE module.

I programmed the app, and it was quite fun to do! Async programming is something I never learned well, so that was a pretty hard task to do. Anyway, without further ado, here is the GitHub link if you want to play with it or look at the source code: https://github.com/PeterTillema/HexGridEdit . Theoretically it should work with iOS too, but I have no iPhone to test it on, so that's a bit hard to test.

The source code for the Arduino's (master + slaves) can be found here: https://github.com/PeterTillema/HexGridEditArduino .

And here's some recording I made, have fun watching it (not being edited or something):

Want some eyecandy from the inside of the hexagons? Sure, here you go!

If you want to learn more, I can share the 3D-files for the tiles and details about the electronics as well
Well done PT_, I like the texture on them Smile
How were the hexagon made, were they 3D printed?
Alvajoy123 wrote:
Well done PT_, I like the texture on them Smile
How were the hexagon made, were they 3D printed?

Thanks! Smile yes, my brother did it for me, it's pretty cool with 3D-printing.
Are those Arduino nanos?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours