I know very little C, and I am trying to find a high quality interactive C tutorial (all the ones I have found are either learn c in one day ripoffs, websites jammed with adds, or really slow moving courses). Does anybody know of a good, beginner to high level free c tutorial, sort of like Khan Academy's complete JS course?
I don't know If I could recommend a basics/syntax of C course. But for me, just reading documentation helps. The CE Toolchain has an excellent documentation, and you might pick up some C from reading it.
https://ce-programming.github.io/toolchain/index.html

Otherwise, I'd just look up a basic C tutorial on youtube. There are tons to fit many different learning styles. Find one you like and stick with it. Happy programming! Very Happy
Go read a book: https://www.amazon.com/Programming-Language-2nd-Brian-Kernighan/dp/0131103628

This is the only book that you people should ever need.
Mateo, you know how you told me how to make an alias which automatically makes and compiles a .8xp C program for my calculator? Would it be possible to add something to the alias which would send the binary immediately to CEMU?
Wow, I looked at the link above from amazon.com and was surprised at the prices listed for the book. I’m glad I kept my version with a Copyright 1978. It isn’t in mint condition because I used it a great deal when I was still programming in C. I never took any classes in C and probably used the book to learn it.
I also recommend the book Mateo said. I borrowed my dad's copy to help me learn CE C and it was super useful.
if you already know how to program in a different language don't waste money on buying books. there are many videos on YouTube and etc. showing the basics of "C".

For example I started with ICE "Which is basically C on the calculator". The slowly moved to C with the Help of YouTube Videos.
Alvajoy123 wrote:
if you already know how to program in a different language don't waste money on buying books. there are many videos on YouTube and etc. showing the basics of "C".

For example I started with ICE "Which is basically C on the calculator". The slowly moved to C with the Help of YouTube Videos.

This is how you end up programming horribly. Buy the book, or loan it out from a library.
It also helps if you know other programmming languages, but that's not required.

I learned from the excellent book Head First C. You can probably find a PDF of it somewhere.

There are other free C books online, like this list. Other people have said that libraries have hard copies, so definitely go check them out. I find that a hard copy is very helpful, especially if you don't have a dual monitor setup. Even if you just type the code in, you'll learn something!

Also, if you're learning C, I recommend not using the CE toolchain, but rather on the computer. The toolchain is much easier to pick up once you're comfortable with C.
If anyone is interested you can save yourself the expense. K&R is available as a .pdf here:
https://github.com/germanoa/compiladores/blob/master/doc/ebook/The%20C%20Programming%20Language%20-%202nd%20Edition%20-%20Ritchie%20Kernighan.pdf

I own a hard copy (bought sometime in the 1990s) but also have had a pdf version for a number if years.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours