Thanks! I like it but I don't love it, might still need some work.. Smile

I've implemented a Passcode storing system in the CE version (thanks to a suggestion from xlibman), so when you receive passcodes you can store them on calc instead of having to write them down.

Also the prologue/cutscenes are now ported to the CE, the Episode II one can be seen below.

Dude, this looks epic. Very Happy

Can't way to try it out. Keep up the good work Laughing
Saved passcodes, professional cutscenes! Looking awesome!
Those cutscenes look awesome. I know everyone keeps saying this, but you're doing a great job and I can't wait to play it myself! Very Happy
THICCEST BHUMP EVER*
It's been a while, Alien Breed! Anything new? This project is impressive enough on it's own though, so I'm not complaining!
arusher999 wrote:
THICCEST BHUMP EVER*
It's been a while, Alien Breed! Anything new? This project is impressive enough on it's own though, so I'm not complaining!

Thereโ€™s not a whole lot left to do from memory, I havenโ€™t touched it in over a month though Sad I was getting annoyed trying to get the CE boss sprites done.

Thanks for the reminder, I do want to get it finished soon, especially as itโ€™s 30 years since the Amiga original came out!
This is epic, Iโ€™ll have to try it sometime.
Ok I've dragged myself away from Minecraft for a bit to try to finish this Smile

I'm back working on boss sprites, and I think I've got a look that I'm happy with. Could probably do with some more tweaking, but it's a lot better than what I was drawing a few months back!

Hopefully I can get this finished and released later this month or early December. There are a bunch of small things that I've pushed back to "wish list" if I ever do a smaller 3.1.0 update, because the game is completely playable now aside from finishing off sprites.
I like that boss sprite! Smile
You managed to drag yourself away from Minecraft? Razz

Looking amazing - I've always liked the white flashing effect when enemies are hit. Nice sprite work too Very Happy.
tr1p1ea wrote:
You managed to drag yourself away from Minecraft? Razz

Truth be told it's probably more of a case of me burning out on Minecraft from playing it too much Razz I should post some images from my SSP world one of these days.

Here's another boss sprite. They're all done now, so I'm at the point where I can confidently say the game will be released inside the next 1-2 weeks.

I really like the sprite for this boss, looks freaky!

I'm still super impressed with the detail and particularly how smooth this is running - can't wait for the release.
Version 3.0.0 is now complete and available for download:

TI-84 Plus CE download
TI-83/TI-84 Plus download

I'm happy to get this finished this year, as it's the 30 year anniversary of the original being released on Amiga!

Enjoy!
Awesome stuff, can't wait to play!

I love how it's dual platform, really clever.
Your work looks fantastic, as usual Smile
Hello, whenever I run this game and go into a new game, after the cutscenes finish, the screen sort of "corrupts", and I pretty much cannot see anything but a random mash of pixels. How do I fix this? I have a TI-84 Plus.
Turtlez wrote:
Hello, whenever I run this game and go into a new game, after the cutscenes finish, the screen sort of "corrupts", and I pretty much cannot see anything but a random mash of pixels. How do I fix this? I have a TI-84 Plus.

Just to confirm, by TI-84 Plus you mean the monochrome version, not the colour? Are you able to try doing a full reset (both RAM & Archive) and then installing and seeing if that fixes it?
JamesV wrote:
Just to confirm, by TI-84 Plus you mean the monochrome version, not the colour? Are you able to try doing a full reset (both RAM & Archive) and then installing and seeing if that fixes it?
Yes, by TI-84 Plus I mean the monochrome version. I have reset my RAM, but I have not reset my archive as I have other apps and programs on it. I have tried redownloading the game, however it still does not work.
How old is your calculator? Are you able to let us know the datecode on the back? Look for a string of letters and numbers on the back such as I-0498A.

Some of the newer calculators have issues with lcd copy routines iirc.
My calculator is over 1 year old from when I first got it. The string of numbers and letters I found on the back are B1050072C

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours