Hello everyone. Pls could you help?
I am considering buying the G2 but held back by font size and character positioning on the screen. The characters are so small because the hp puts so many rows in the display. And the characters are not in a natural place as they would be written. The input terms 3x4 appear on extreme left of bottom row but the output terms 12 result is hard against the right side opposit 3inches away. When we write equations on paper we put terms together. Also when write write we start at the top of the page and write downward adding lines. But on the hp lines move upwards from the extreme bottom as work is entered. Finally the characters are so small you have to concentrate down hard to read. I did read the possibility of small medium large font defaults but did not know if this was on the calculator or the emulator only. Pls could you help me with these three issues? Good day and thank you.
Everything you can do on the emulator you can also do on the physical calculator. You can change the font from small to medium to large by going into the second page of settings. I agree the font isn't very readable on small so I leave mine on large.

There's no way to adjust where the equation and results are located in textbook mode. However, I've never had a problem with it since by the time you do a few calculations, the results are right above the equation line anyways. If it really bothers you, you could switch to RPN which puts all your numbers right next to each other (vertically) then you can decide what operative to apply to them.

I saw your complaints on the Nspire as well. Have you considered the Casio Prizm fx cg-50 or Casio Classpad fx cg-500? Despite their terrible names, they seems to have what you want: large characters, the entry line and results are right next to each other, and no dedicated alpha keyboard (The Classpad has an on-screen keyboard you can bring up when you want). Just be aware the Prizm does not have CAS built in however the Classpad does.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Everything you can do on the emulator you can also do on the physical calculator. You can change the font from small to medium to large by going into the second page of settings. I agree the font isn't very readable on small so I leave mine on large.

There's no way to adjust where the equation and results are located in textbook mode. However, I've never had a problem with it since by the time you do a few calculations, the results are right above the equation line anyways. If it really bothers you, you could switch to RPN which puts all your numbers right next to each other (vertically) then you can decide what operative to apply to them.

I saw your complaints on the Nspire as well. Have you considered the Casio Prizm fx cg-50 or Casio Classpad fx cg-500? Despite their terrible names, they seems to have what you want: large characters, the entry line and results are right next to each other, and no dedicated alpha keyboard (The Classpad has an on-screen keyboard you can bring up when you want). Just be aware the Prizm does not have CAS built in however the Classpad does.

Greetings TheLastMillennial
(Somehow when I replied using simple reply option I lost all my text. Similarly still learning how to edit my profile.)

OK so I could increase the font on the HP. Attractive. Perhaps I just need the emulator to address these usability issues.

Yes I think there is a pattern here with my inquiries about the positioning of the x variable entry key on the HP CX2 CAS. Because I am doing this simply for the tactile pleasure of using a calculator to work math I am v sensitive to usabity issues.

Your points on the Casio cg50 are something Ill need to weigh against loss of CAS. But could I as a newbie succeed in using the KhiCAS app on the CG50?

Thanks and respect.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours