Couldn't fit my whole question into the title. I want to make something that functions similarly to a ti84+ or a ti84pce with my own parts aside from the keypad matrix.

Should I start with a Pi Zero (yes I know it isn't a microprocessor but a full-blown computer) or a Pi Pico? This website shows the different specs of both, but I don't know how to interpret that for my needs.

Can both emulate a ti84pce OS? How far are the scripting capabilities? What differs from a standard ti84+ or ti84pce?
If you re-wrote TI-OS from scratch, I'm sure you could get it working on a Pi zero. However, that's not really feasible. Emulation is going to be significantly easier but require a much more powerful Pi. I started a similar project a while ago which used a Banana Pi (basically a faster Pi Zero W) instead. You'll want to take a look at it so you know what you're getting into: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=291378#291378

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours