Not a lot of updates lately, been busy and will probably be busy this summer too.

The latest things are:
-Sort By selection menu was added to options, which allows you to pick what you want to sort the notes by on the main menu.

-I’ve added all the needed metadata including alphabetical sort, date created and date modified, and size of the note.

-I changed it so that the title of each note is already computed and saved when you save your note, instead of computing the title from the string while rendering the main menu.

Sorting is not actually implemented yet, I still have to update the main menu rendering code.

I have also got a password protection program figured out for the notes, using symmetrical encryption. I have yet to implement it. The only real downside I can see is that it ciphers each character of the note one by one, randomly of course, but the time to do that is O(n).

Anyway, hope you guys like the updates, I’ll get back to all this when I have time.
I love you keep slowly expanding the features of BasicNote since it's definitely the most feature rich text editor I've used on my CE. I'm glad you're feeling better about your life and I can't wait to see what you come up with next!
TheLastMillennial wrote:
I love you keep slowly expanding the features of BasicNote since it's definitely the most feature rich text editor I've used on my CE. I'm glad you're feeling better about your life and I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Thank you kindly! I love making a text editor with more features than any other calculator text editor out there. BasicNote CE version 2.0 should also include colored text when I get around to it Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours