hello Everyone I Have seen all the threads here I want to learn about c++ Lungauge can anyone know here best way where I can Learn about this lunguage.
I personally learned (the excuse for knowledge I call) C++ through codeacademy, but there seems to be many free resources to learn from including but not limited to:

Learn C++, w3schools, and geeksforgeeks.

If you have any specific C++ questions, feel free to ask!

Or were you literally referring to "lunguage", in which case I have no idea how to answer your question
That depends on many factors, the most important being:

1. What are you coding C for?

Obviously, you wish to transcend with the glorious Cemetechians and write C for some sort of calculator project. Or you could just want to make some nice tools for various PC tasks. Either one is cool. In general, not everything that works when coding C on a PC works on the calc's, so a guide on the internet for C++ isn't going to be helpful for some things, since it's meant to run with gigabytes of RAM and a speedy processor. There's a learning curve that affects how you should code, but that really only matters if you already know C.

2. What languages do you know now?

Again, the calcs have a learning curve and a different style for each one, be it an Nspire or an 84 Plus CE. They can both use C, but the libraries and functions are completely different, and I'm still learning to use the Nspire libraries myself. I picked up Python and learned to code with that; not very well, but I learned programming logic and that comments are your friend. Pretty much every language have a similar syntax; if you already know one language, and are good at making things work with it, then you're pretty much halfway or more there.

3. How do you normally learn things?

Everyone learns stuff a different way, I just threw myself into documentation and Stack Overflow and started making stuff. I made programs for the 84PCE that displayed words, counters that messed with using timers, graphical things, and eventually some simple games and input mechanisms. I just threw stuff together, deleted code to see what each piece did, added comments to remind me not to delete some things, comments on how to NOT do things, and eventually learned the bare minimum of how to do things. Once I learned how to do lots of little things, I put them together to make bigger things, and then I slapped more little bits and larger bits on until I had examples of how to make things work together nicely. You could read through lots of documentation and then start from a blank file (there's no official documentation so, again, Stack Overflow and Google are invaluable), but that's not really a common thing for people to do.

TL;DR: Use google, make code, fix it, make it better, fix it again, test it out, fix it once more, and then go to start something else. You'll then realize later your last code was awful, so you'll probably need to fix it again. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
C++ compilers are very picky about spelling, so it's probably not the language for you.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
C++ compilers are very picky about spelling, so it's probably not the language for you.

Laughing
Maybe you could try https://www.edx.org that is how I am currently learning C, and I think that it is a pretty good course. Just choose the no-pay option for each course and finish it before your time runs our (you will have plenty of time, like 2 months per course).
randomguy wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:

0x5
Maybe you could try https://www.edx.org that is how I am currently learning C, and I think that it is a pretty good course. Just choose the no-pay option for each course and finish it before your time runs our (you will have plenty of time, like 2 months per course).

I also took some C from edx, and I highly recommend the course by Dartmouth.
Just make sure you're learning modern C++ and not like C++98.
spammer wrote:
There was some spam here

Wow, this is the second spam post in this topic.
Well, when I said I wanted to learn C, my dad handed me a book written by Kernighan & Ritchie.
It was pretty good.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours