When I tried to submit my entry Wednesday it got rejected by the mail server:
Mail server wrote:

<contest@cemetech.net>: message size 16295063 exceeds size limit 10240000 of
server mail.cemetech.net[198.27.66.25]

So then I uploaded it to one of my servers, but it hasn't been visited yet since.
So I am wondering if it is dismissed or something because I didn't send it as attachment.
It has not been dismissed as far as I know of. As long as you sent it to the correct address before the deadline, you’re all set. I’m going to ask Kerm for the entries later today.
Unfortunately, we are not going to be able to finish the judging results today. I’d say that we need around another week, at which point the voting will start.

Thanks to everyone for your patience.
Privacy_Dragon wrote:
So then I uploaded it to one of my servers, but it hasn't been visited yet since.

Hmmm. Still it hasn't been visited...

epsilon5 wrote:
As long as you sent it to the correct address before the deadline, you’re all set.

I am sure that I sent it to the correct address in time..
Privacy_Dragon: I think the issue is now resolved: the file ended up in the spam folder, and so wasn’t one of the five that I received. Kerm’s going to send that to me later today, at which point I’ll add it to the judging.
What the hell.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
What the hell.

Yeah, is there any chance we could get these results out faster?
MateoConLechuga wrote:
What the hell.

What the hell indeed. I'd like to apologize for the poor organization and lack of communication on this, I've been very unproductive over the last few months-something that hasn't just been isolated to Cemetech, but that has extended to other areas of my life as well. I understand that there is some frustration about the whole situation, and rightfully so.

With that said, the voting post is now live, so please look at that and vote if you have the chance.
I see my entry isn't on the voting list, was it disqualified or did you never receive it? I have the .zip in my projects folder in case I need to re-submit (although that doesn't seem fair to everyone else since I could've edited it).

EDIT: Privacy_Dragon's google drive apparently violates Google's TOS as well and can't be accessed.
Wowza
King Dub Dub wrote:
I see my entry isn't on the voting list, was it disqualified or did you never receive it? I have the .zip in my projects folder in case I need to re-submit (although that doesn't seem fair to everyone else since I could've edited it).
I see no such entry. Any keywords other than "KingDubDub"/"King Dub Dub" I can use to search?
In the interest of time, I've made a few quick edits to this, with a new voting post live now. Here's what I did:
  • changed the download link to Privacy_Dragon's entry to the one that he originally provided, on a different server where it will not be removed
  • added KingDubDub's entry to the poll and folder, which was done based on the fact that this post was made just before the deadline, and that the provided 8xp is said to be created on ‎March ‎31, ‎2021, ‏‎10:24:30 PM on both my W10 machine and a Linux Mint VM
Thanks to everyone for your patience, and please let me know if there are any more unresolved issues.
epsilon5 wrote:
  • changed the download link to Privacy_Dragon's entry to the one that he originally provided, on a different server where it will not be removed

The only thing is that the server might be slow tonight.
Thanks Epsilon, I guess it's a good thing I threw a repo together then, I was scrambling to find where I put the original .zip right before I read this. The description makes me laugh far more than it should too, you summed it up pretty good!
How is the judging going?
Can we expect a result soon?
Judging is going, just waiting on a few stragglers. Voting is also finished.

As for the date of the results, I’m in the process of writing up the final post based on the almost-certain standings, and hope to have everything finalized this week if possible.
Hey guys, hope everything is ok with the contest results?
Oooof. What's the hold up?
One of the entries got stuck in a spam folder apparantly and wasnt given to the judges until like a month after the contest ended.
c4ooo wrote:
One of the entries got stuck in a spam folder apparantly and wasnt given to the judges until like a month after the contest ended.

This definitely did contribute to the problem, as well as a lot of the judging team having other obligations (sports, AP classes, and so on). With that said, the results are very nearly finalized.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours