Does anyone know how I can get a basic template for the Icons on the cg50.
I happen to have one, uploaded here in .xcf format for GIMP (other software is likely compatible).

The layers work as follow:
• You start with either the BG or the BG with Custom text; custom text can be used if you set an empty string as application name, and can allow for longer strings to be squeezed into the icon.
• Then you add the Dithering pattern; you can use a coloring tool to change the hue without affecting the dithering. There is a layer mask that rounds the corners (the "Dithering corners" layer is the source), you don't need to touch it.
• Then you add Layer, which is the highlight.
• Finally add the Icon and Shadow. A simple way to make the shadow is to duplicate the Icon, make it black, move it down 1 or 2 pixels, and reduce the opacity.

To generate the unselected icon, enable all the (uns) layers, Icon and Shadow, and export; to generate the selected icon, enable all the (sel) layers, Icon and Shadow, and export again.

If you're using mkg3a, you might need to remove the alpha channel from the exported icons because mkg3a doesn't like all PNG color formats.

I hope this helps! ^^
Lephe wrote:
I happen to have one, uploaded here in .xcf format for GIMP (other software is likely compatible).

The layers work as follow:
• You start with either the BG or the BG with Custom text; custom text can be used if you set an empty string as application name, and can allow for longer strings to be squeezed into the icon.
• Then you add the Dithering pattern; you can use a coloring tool to change the hue without affecting the dithering. There is a layer mask that rounds the corners (the "Dithering corners" layer is the source), you don't need to touch it.
• Then you add Layer, which is the highlight.
• Finally add the Icon and Shadow. A simple way to make the shadow is to duplicate the Icon, make it black, move it down 1 or 2 pixels, and reduce the opacity.

To generate the unselected icon, enable all the (uns) layers, Icon and Shadow, and export; to generate the selected icon, enable all the (sel) layers, Icon and Shadow, and export again.

If you're using mkg3a, you might need to remove the alpha channel from the exported icons because mkg3a doesn't like all PNG color formats.

I hope this helps! ^^

This link is broken. Do you still have the XCF?
Sure! Here's a link on Planète Casio that will not expire : https://www.planet-casio.com/storage/forums/fxcg50-icon-templates-183801.zip

I included another full-icon template which extends the image to the bottom while removing the text, and detailed instructions in a README file.

Enjoy the add-in development! ^^
Lephe wrote:
Sure! Here's a link on Planète Casio that will not expire : https://www.planet-casio.com/storage/forums/fxcg50-icon-templates-183801.zip

I included another full-icon template which extends the image to the bottom while removing the text, and detailed instructions in a README file.

Enjoy the add-in development! ^^

Thanks!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours