Is this a dead thread or is Duck Hunt still being worked on? I think that this could be a really fun game (when it is finished) and I hope that it wasn't given up on because it seems almost done!
randomguy wrote:
Is this a dead thread or is Duck Hunt still being worked on? I think that this could be a really fun game (when it is finished) and I hope that it wasn't given up on because it seems almost done!

The project is not dead Razz I just ran into some few rendering bugs. I will attempt to finish this project hopefully this coming spring break.
*BUMP*

I started to rewrite the code and setup a Trello Board to speed up development, I'll be post more updates later.
I clicked on the link and it said board not found.. Weird.
I got the same message and I think you have to log in to see it:
Thanks for letting me know, Just fixed the issue Smile
Quick Update:

It's been a while snice I updated the thread. But just show casing some progress:

lol I know it looks bugged out I just need to fix the rendering and blit (should be an easy fix). But so far I've added the UI bar.
That's looking great! I can't wait to see more progress! Keep up the awesome work Very Happy
What would be really awesome is if you got some sort of drive that can take USB input from two accelerometers (or whatever they're called), one attached to the back of the calc (or wired directly in, but that would require actually cracking the thing open) and another attached to some sort of plastic pistol thing, much like hose used in arcades. Then it takes that input and directly translates it to where you are pointing on the screen!

Another idea is to have a "calibrate" option in settings or whatever, to be used whenever the CE is moved, so the cursor doesn't get super messed up.

I'm realizing., it would also have to ake trigger and reload input from the pistol, because otherwise, you'd be pointing the thing, and pressing buttons on the calc at the same time, which just feels... off.

I don't know if you want to spend the (assumably inordinate amount of) time to do this, but I think it would be a fun addition. CPU-heavy, though, so optimizing i might be a problem.
Is there more development?

I really like this project so i would like to know
Jelte2357 wrote:
Is there more development?
I really like this project so i would like to know

No, there is no current update for this project. I've been putting a lot of effort into my other projects.
How' s the project going?
Jelte2357 wrote:

Alvajoy just answered that question:
Alvajoy123 wrote:
No, there is no current update for this project. I've been putting a lot of effort into my other projects.
Im blind I guess
Jelte2357 wrote:

The project is still under development. Currently, the code needs to be rewritten because it does not match the toolchain code guideline (the code is basically super messy)
Hey Cemetech,

Development is back online, I had some spare time and made significant progress on this project! Smile

Eye candy:

Changelog (PRE-ALPHA):
  • Added Dog Sprite
  • Fixed Minor Bugs (Rendering, etc.)
  • Added HUD information (Still in works)
  • Added More Duck Functions

There is still a lot to do for this project but I think it's close to being finished I just need to clean it up a bit (debug) and work on the last game mode!
You can stay up to date with in-depth development via Github: https://github.com/Overload02/DuckHunt
Glad to see more progress! The sprites and performance are looking really good!
Looks very promising. For some reasons the Game A, Game B and copyright text font seems grainy/distorted, though?
Ah, one of my favorites from the NES, glad to see it back online!
Update:

I finished Game A and B!

Game A

Game B

Changelog (PRE-ALPHA):

• Fix Minor Bugs.
  • Updated Menu
  • Implemented Sprites.
  • Fixed HUD for hits.

You can stay up to date with in-depth development via Github: https://github.com/Overload02/DuckHunt

DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Looks very promising. For some reasons the Game A, Game B and copyright text font seems grainy/distorted, though?

Yes, at the beginning of development I was "lazy" and ended up making the menu with sprites but ended updating/changing it yesterday. is this better?

TheLastMillennial wrote:
Glad to see more progress! The sprites and performance are looking really good!

TortillaMan wrote:
Ah, one of my favorites from the NES, glad to see it back online!

Hey TLM, and TortillaMan! Thank you for the support. I really appreciate it!

Register to Join the Conversation
    Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    Page 2 of 3
    » All times are UTC - 5 Hours