Previously you could download a version of usbdrvce.8xv from jacobly.com, but all of the links on jacobly.com are dead for now.

EDIT
I also have the libraries uploaded to my forked repo of CE-Programming/libraries on github, I forgot to mention that.
Ah, I may not have kept the library updated on my Rev M.

Until jacobly can get his sever fixed, I've pulled the working libraries from my Pre-A and shared them here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QchbzmriZ5UXrjusH-CTEuzNpGT41_4A/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UnOFkDmYmBu240E3f1bxpj_YJAOZrOqi/view?usp=sharing
So I've re-built and installed the newest C libraries and the program no longer exits right after running it. The problem now is that when I hit "Connect", it does nothing.
RoccoLox Programs wrote:
So I've re-built and installed the newest C libraries and the program no longer exits right after running it. The problem now is that when I hit "Connect", it does nothing.

Have you configured the device driver in Zadig?
I added an image to the readme of the repo to show the proper settings.

Also,
Update 1.1
Completely restructured codebase into Core and Windows package to hopefully make it easier to port to other operating systems in the future
I hopefully made the screen mirroring part more stable, but it still needs some work.
I also included a copy of the usbdrvce library on the releases page.

https://github.com/dnmalenke/Calc2KeyCE/releases/tag/v1.1
Yes, I did configure the driver with Zadig. My calculator just keeps showing a black screen.
Release 1.4.0
I've recently updated Calc2KeyCE mainly to improve screen mirroring performance. It's about a 4x improvement from ~1fps to ~4fps.

Download and changelog Here:
https://github.com/dnmalenke/Calc2KeyCE/releases/tag/v1.4.0

Does anyone know the current state of the usbdrvce branch? https://github.com/CE-Programming/toolchain/tree/usbdrvce
I'd like to update the usbdrvce lib, but I'm not sure if it's worth it and if there are any breaking changes.

I'd like to work on Linux support sometime, but college has been keeping me busy, and the only way I can easily capture screenshots into memory is with python Dry
4x improvement in speed, nice work!
This is pretty awesome, I was finally able to get this working on both my computers without much issue! The program appears to only mirror the top left corner of the main display however, the size is actually kind of nice since it's the exact size if you snap the window to the top left and it keeps the text legible. I was wondering if changing which display was mirrored would be possible?
Fantastic work, 4 fps is a massive improvement! I'm looking forward to seeing this project keep developing!
TheLastMillennial wrote:
This is pretty awesome, I was finally able to get this working on both my computers without much issue! The program appears to only mirror the top left corner of the main display however, the size is actually kind of nice since it's the exact size if you snap the window to the top left and it keeps the text legible. I was wondering if changing which display was mirrored would be possible?

The top left corner thing is pretty odd, I've never heard of that happening. What resolution is your monitor?
I'll definitely add switching displays and possibly selecting just an area of a display to the to-do list.
Dmalenke wrote:
The top left corner thing is pretty odd, I've never heard of that happening. What resolution is your monitor?
I'll definitely add switching displays and possibly selecting just an area of a display to the to-do list.
My main monitor is 3000x2000. Unplugging my external displays (1920x1080 and 1680x1050) did not change anything.

What's really odd is that although the calc only displays the top left quadrant of the display, the mouse isn't mirrored the same way on the calculator as my windows are. The mouse moves on the calc screen proportionally to where it is on the main monitor. If I move my mouse to the middle of the top left quadrant of the main monitor, it's not in the middle of the calc's screen like you would expect, it's in the middle of the top left quadrant of the calc's screen. If I move the mouse to the bottom right corner, it doesn't go out of frame on the calculator, the mouse just moves to the bottom right corner of the calc's display.
Thanks, I've published a fix and I added the ability to select a different monitor to mirror to the calculator.

https://github.com/dnmalenke/Calc2KeyCE/releases/tag/v1.4.1

Only Calc2KeyCE.exe needs to be updated.
Thanks for the update! I was finally able to try it out and it's working really well!
Too bad Windows wont let you fake a secondary monitor anymore. I tried to make my calculator a second monitor by mirroring a non-existent display but it's doesn't seem to be possible anymore. Laughing
Release 1.5.0
I've finally added support for cross platform screen mirroring!

It's powered by python and C#, all compacted down into one file with pyinstaller. The only dependency should be .NET 5 and libusb on macOS.
Eventually I'll be smart enough to find/make a python zx7 library to eliminate the C#/.NET 5 requirement, but not right now Very Happy

Screenshots:
Sorry for the dumb question but: How am I supposed to run this file?

I'm on macOS 11 Big Sur and I downloaded and installed the .NET 5.0.403 SDK along with libusb via "brew install libusb". Then I opened the terminal and ran "sudo Calc2Key.Universal-osx-x64" but all I get is an error, "command not found". I've also sent the files to the calculator and tried running it with the calc plugged in along with before it is plugged in.
You should be able to type

Code:
./Calc2KeyCE.Universal-osx-x64

Note the "./" at the start of the command to tell the shell to look in the current directory.
Also sudo is only required on linux.

Edit:
Looks like it was my bad naming that caused issues. If you rename the program to not have a "." in its name, it looks like macOS is able to detect it is a Unix executable and double-clicking it should work.
I tried running it again on macOS, and I'm thinking the problem is because I'm using macOS Big Sur. What version did you test it on?
I ran pyinstaller on macOS Catalina. Apps should be forward compatible to Big Sur. What's the error? You could also try
Code:
sudo chmod +x Calc2KeyCE_Universal-osx-x64
Then running it
Make sure it is renamed to not have a '.' in the name.
Running chmod fixed it for me. Thanks! Very Happy

EDIT:

I thought I'd share my results. Running Calc2KeyCE worked pretty well, though I got about an average 2.3 FPS when mirroring my 1080p monitor. I noticed that the fps does significantly increase upon decreasing the resolution of the screen, which brought it to about 3.6 FPS at 720p.
I hit connect and my calculator just ram resets and my computer says win 32 error I'm on windows 10 running os 5.6.1.0012 on a python calculator.
So I got it working on my windows machine but I cant figure out how to install this on my linux machine

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours