Should I?
Yes
 79%  [ 19 ]
No
 20%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 24

I heard about some person who made a version of it for the CE....
SO just asking, should I make it? Would anyone play it?
And does anyone have other ideas? Because I am running out of ideas that I have willpower to do, and feel like picking the brains of other people.
Suzan is indefinitely on the shelf, because I have lost the will to debug her any more than I have.
Ricardo is definitely going to happen, but as a summer project.
If you say "No" to the poll, please tell me something else I should make instead!
Thanks,
Wave
Wavejumper3 wrote:
I heard about some person who made a version of it for the CE....
SO just asking, should I make it? Would anyone play it?
And does anyone have other ideas? Because I am running out of ideas that I have willpower to do, and feel like picking the brains of other people.
Suzan is indefinitely on the shelf, because I have lost the will to debug her any more than I have.
Ricardo is definitely going to happen, but as a summer project.
If you say "No" to the poll, please tell me something else I should make instead!
Thanks,
Wave

There's Amogus but not Among Us for 84+
Only issues I'd think would be map size and telling the colors apart. this would be really cool. perhaps some calcnet2 functionality if possible?
Yeah the colors is a big issue, but if you found a good workaround it'd be neat.
back to ****posting
SUUSSSSS? SSSUSUUSUSUUSS IMPOSTOR? IMPOSTOR AMOGUS AMOGUGSJEJS AMONGUASNHSJE IMPOSRJTERN PEROCPR AMMMOOOOOOGGGGUUUUUSSSS SYSUSUUSUSUSUUSS SUSSYSYS BAAAKAKA SAUUSUUUS AMMPOOOOOOOGUUUUUUS
EverydayCode was the last one to make an Among Us game on the CE, but it was very simplistic. This would be a very ambitious project, and it's unlikely that you, or anyone, would be able to finish it. It would be really cool if you managed to pull if off, though.

With that said, absolutely try it out if you want to, it will be a good learning experience if nothing else.
I think this would be awesome! I'd be happy to help if you have anything you want me to do! Very Happy
For the colors, I think I will use letters that look different enough and also are not used in the map.
I know it is very ambitious, but I hope it will end up working at least decently!
TIny_Hacker, if you could find 10 letters that look visibly different, that would be amazing!
I already know it will use A, theta, R, G, B, P, Y, and C.
I just need two more to make 10 possible choices!
Most of these letters even correspond to colors in among us!
I am going to use I, +, and O for most of the walls and stuff, and use 8 for tasks you can do, and just have it be invisible if you cannot do the task.
Right now I am designing the map. I drew a pencil sketch of what it may be broken down into. Wish me luck!
Would pi and L work as the last two letters?
Pi and L sound good! My only concern with pi is it may be hart to type for some people, but I can figure that out later!
Pi shouldn't be too hard to type, can't you either type "pi" or 2nd+^?
Yeah, now that I think about it, that might work! Thanks!

I am currently working on the map, but am thinking ahead a little...
What minigames should there be? I am thinking a memory game, some form of el cheapo flappybird/falldown, along with other things. What games do you all know that wouldn't take up too much memory/variables? I am going to try to reserve 4-8 letter variables specifically for the in-game games, as well as lists and such.
Any help is much appreciated!
- Wave
gCn play or bust
I suppose the more ideal question is -- do you want to make this game? If so, then go for it.

elfprince13 wrote:
gCn play or bust

If you or anyone makes a version of this that they want to support multiplayer with, they'd be welcome to use my server to host it.
ACagliano wrote:

If you or anyone makes a version of this that they want to support multiplayer with, they'd be welcome to use my server to host it.

I believe the game is going to be in TI-BASIC for the monochrome calculators, so I don't think it would be compatible with VAPOR (assuming that's what you're referring to).
TIny_Hacker wrote:
I believe the game is going to be in TI-BASIC for the monochrome calculators, so I don't think it would be compatible with VAPOR (assuming that's what you're referring to).

VAPOR or no VAPOR. VAPOR is basically just a proxy network that can connect you to running services, I'm happy to let people host unproxied things... it's just I can't then apply VAPOR's security to it.
And yea for TI-Basic, that would be a no-go.
I am going to make a separate thread for this....
I'm actually going to try and make this. Right now, I am working on a map of The Skeld (The only playable map there will be).
I am incorporating the things that will allow for the minigames as well.
Still not 100% sure how I will handle other players, but I am trying to make the game as is super fast, so that adding all the other player stuff will slow it down to a still-acceptable level.
Wavejumper3 wrote:
I am going to make a separate thread for this....
I'm actually going to try and make this. Right now, I am working on a map of The Skeld (The only playable map there will be).
I am incorporating the things that will allow for the minigames as well.
Still not 100% sure how I will handle other players, but I am trying to make the game as is super fast, so that adding all the other player stuff will slow it down to a still-acceptable level.

I'm glad you're planning to make this, and it sounds like you're making some great progress! Keep up the good work! Wink
Overall I'm impressed that someone actual made a thread about making among us. Personal I'm wondering how multiplayer would work. How are you going to convert the original maps and players to sprite.

I look forward to seeing progress! Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours