hey I don't know anything at all about electronics but I love to play with calculators, can anyone explain to me how to make a calcnet hub like I'm a complete idiot with no computer knowledge?
Have you looked at the documentation? Section 2.2 specifically describes the hardware configuration, which amounts to simply connecting a bunch of link cables together, tip to tip and ring to ring:
Quote:
the data line of every calculator is connected to every other calculators’ data line, all the clock lines are tied together, and all calculators share a common ground.
the simplest type of CALCnet network involves simply splicing link cords together.
Tari wrote:
Have you looked at the documentation? Section 2.2 specifically describes the hardware configuration, which amounts to simply connecting a bunch of link cables together, tip to tip and ring to ring:
Quote:
the data line of every calculator is connected to every other calculators’ data line, all the clock lines are tied together, and all calculators share a common ground.
the simplest type of CALCnet network involves simply splicing link cords together.

this is actually really funny. I figured this out like an hour before you responded. I bought the parts and am putting it all together soon. thanks for the help!
I believe you can even do it with off the shelf components and no splicing. If you have some headphone splitters and aux cables sitting around, you can daisy chain them, and just put a 3.5mm -> 2.5mm adapter on the ends.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours