I've been really interested it starting to learn ASM. I'm pretty good at BASIC and found a youtube tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG7VHUfAy5c) that has been pretty helpful.

However, when I put all of the items into the folder and run "build.bat" I get a screen full of

Error during invocation of macro 'EQU'
error SE103: Expecting an operator, found 's' instead

I only know really basic command line, so I think it has something to do with the ti84pce.inc file. The youtube tutorial guy did the same things and it worked fine for him.

I would really appreciate some guidance because I have no idea what my options are. If another topic covers this, I would love that link because I couldn't find it. Also, if you have or know of a "My First ASM Program" folder that works, that would be awesome.
Please note that the video you sent is from 2017. The recommended way to write assembly on the CE now is to use the assembler used by the CE C/C++ toolchain which has since been released, or use the complete toolchain and write C functions in assembly (or just write C, because that's also a thing). It has working examples to check out, uses a less buggy assembler, and it's what pretty much everyone these days uses so you'll be able to find more help that way as well.
If you are looking to get into pure assembly development for the TI-84+CE, there is almost exactly what you are looking for available here: https://github.com/CE-Programming/asm-docs
Thank you so much for your quick response. I tried to do toolchain before, but I think I downloaded the zip instead of the exe. Your link put me on the right track. Thanks again @fghsgh!

Also thanks @MateoConLechuga for the links. I'm just trying to program Assembly in the most efficient way possible, and the toolchain should work great. Thanks for all the work you've put into developing these tools!
I second using the toolchain and coding in C for the CE - it is also likely a more natural progression since you are already experienced in BASIC.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours