Some Cemetech members are managers of something.
For example the official lettuche manager or cat manager.

But what does it mean to be a manager at Cemetech?
What are the tasks of a Cemetech manager?
Is there a list with the managers?
And how to become such a manager?

(please don`t think I want to become a manager with only 69 posts,
I know at least that I need much more experience!)
DAVID-19 wrote:
Some Cemetech members are managers of something.
For example the official lettuche manager or cat manager.

But what does it mean to be a manager at Cemetech?
What are the tasks of a Cemetech manager?
Is there a list with the managers?
And how to become such a manager?

(please don`t think I want to become a manager with only 35 posts,
I know at least that I need much more experience!)

It's a custom rank thing you can get at like 1000 posts or something. I've been around here for 4 years now and I have a few short of 500 posts. You're probably a ways away from custom rank Razz
I MANAGE THE CATS

I give this cat a 9/10.
good cat.

Yes, as the Official Cemetech Cat Manager, I can confirm, once a user reaches 1,000 posts, they are allowed to choose their own custom rank.
I believe Mateo was the first to call himself the Cement Manager and then the Lettuce Manager (perhaps inspired by foamy3?) and others such as myself have followed.
These titles don't mean anything since you can set it to whatever you want (and there are no tasks associated of course).
I also don't think there is a list of custom titles because they change from time to time.
Ah interesting, a manager don`t has to do any special tasks.
He just has a special account info (as a reward for making more than 1000 posts).
Thanks for telling me. Wink
As the Official Cemetech Fruit Manager, I can tell you grapefruits suck. Why would anyone want to eat something so bitter?
Yeah, after 1000 posts you are able to change your title. So basically, take users' custom titles with a grain of salt

This is distinct from the Cemetech Expert thing, which appears instead of some people's pips:

This is handed out rarely to, well, experts at the admins' discretion. It should also be taken with a grain of salt, in a way. Just because a user doesn't have it doesn't mean they aren't trustworthy (because at least a small handful of people who are probably deserving of them don't currently have it because heaven knows the last time they were handed out.)
As the Official Cemetech Cake Manager I can assure you the cake is not a lie.

All the (un)Officials

For science, you monster?
If you want to do it before you hit 1000 posts, there are two ways to achieve something similar. First, what Rocco and I have done (and maybe some others as well)

Me:

Rocco:

Simply type what you want in the "occupation" section.
For the second way, there is a bug where you can set yourself to have a custom title when you have 0 posts, but most people don't realize this until it's too late. However, for anyone who has made at least 1 post, this doesn't work.

Ironically, there isn't really anything official about being an official cemetech <SomethingGoesHere> manager. Razz
TheLastMillennial wrote:
As the Official Cemetech Cake Manager I can assure you the cake is not a lie.

All the (un)Officials
[big picture]

EDIT: I've been peer-pressured into removing this post.
A message from the Official Cemetech Cat Manager.
This really isn't the topic to submit bug reports. Either locate a topic for iPhoenix's Userstyle to submit a bug, email him, create an issue on the repo (if one exists), or create a topic in an appropriate area of the forum.

A message from the Official Cemetech Site Manager.
I am on the site of our official Cemetech Site Manager.
I created this topic to know about the conditions under which you can become a manager,
but I think it's better to create a new topic for a bug report or to talk about what your ideas were to be a <whatever> manager
I'm ashamed to say that I've never noticed just how many * Managers we have. Keep up the good work.

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
This is distinct from the Cemetech Expert thing, which appears instead of some people's pips:
It's been a long time since we've assigned Expert flair to anyone. I think Weregoose may have been the first inspiration for the flair, because we wanted it to be clear he was an unstoppable TI-BASIC ninja even he wasn't a mod/admin (thus having mod/admin colors) or made a huge number of posts (thus having lots of pips or a custom title).
KermMartian wrote:
I'm ashamed to say that I've never noticed just how many * Managers we have. Keep up the good work.

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
It's been a long time since we've assigned Expert flair to anyone. I think Weregoose may have been the first inspiration for the flair, because we wanted it to be clear he was an unstoppable TI-BASIC ninja even he wasn't a mod/admin (thus having mod/admin colors) or made a huge number of posts (thus having lots of pips or a custom title).

The good news is all these managers get paid! -.05% per week last I checked? That should definitely be helping with the site bills!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours