Do you think doctors use math?
yes
 95%  [ 20 ]
No
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 21

emartin13 wrote:
I just want some of them with cold hard math.

Looking at mdcalc.com, I see the inputs for FENa (serum sodium) can be in mEq/L or mmol/L. Do you require both?

Quote:
And I could have some cool looking graphs and I could look at the trends, if I plot some values from patient labs.

I think that's a great idea!
Well, looking at the formula given it shouldn't matter, because the same units are on top and on the bottom.
Anyway, I missed this back in December, or I would have written something for the '89 a lot earlier.
Here's my thirty minute version, with just FENa and FEUrea implemented. Could you take a look and see if the interface is what you want?link
Likewise, I missed that topic as well. It's been a long time since I did TI-Basic programming, though.
Never mind about the pharmacopeia. I just want equations!
I made a small update, swapping the IO screen input with dialogs.
Here's the updated link (I still only have the first two formulas because I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for):https://github.com/pnpt-dev/pnpt-dev/releases/download/md89/main.md89.89p
MNH wrote:
emartin13 wrote:
I just want some of them with cold hard math.

Looking at mdcalc.com, I see the inputs for FENa (serum sodium) can be in mEq/L or mmol/L. Do you require both?

Quote:
And I could have some cool looking graphs and I could look at the trends, if I plot some values from patient labs.

I think that's a great idea!

Good question. the hospital I work at presents the serum sodium in mmol/L
Michael0x18 wrote:
Well, looking at the formula given it shouldn't matter, because the same units are on top and on the bottom.
Anyway, I missed this back in December, or I would have written something for the '89 a lot earlier.
Here's my thirty minute version, with just FENa and FEUrea implemented. Could you take a look and see if the interface is what you want?link

Thanks for doing this! I got it on my TI 89 calculator and clicked the variable button, and it is labeled as MD89, I put in a number like 2 and nothing comes up, it says invalid in dialog. I then went to the graphing screen and tried pressing variable and clicked on MD89 and nothing was "graphed". So I probably just don't know what I'm doing.
RoccoLox Programs wrote:
Sorry I didn't see all of this sooner. I am still willing to make the program that you are looking for, but after what DrDnar said, I need to say that this program would be more of a "use at your own risk" sort of program. If you still want me to make this program, then could please tell me exactly what equations/formulas you would like the program to include. (Because that website has a lot and no one could possibly include all of them in one program.) Please let me know when the calculator arrives.

I got the TI86+, I was hoping you could program some equations!

Bicarbonate deficit: HCO-3 deficit (meq) [congruent] 0.7×lean body weight (kg)× (10-plasma [HCO-3])

FENa: (FENa), % = 100 × (SCr × UNa ) / (SNa × UCr)
FEUrea: (FEUrea in percent) = (sCr * uUrea) / (sUrea x uCr) * 100
Prerenal Intrinsic renal Postrenal
FENa
<1% >1% >4%
FEUrea
≤ 35% >50% N/A

Here are three equations to get started with up top(and how to interpret the bottom 2), although I don't think we have to re-invent the wheel here as they developed an early version of MDCALC on the Palm OS before they became obsolete. I have linked the websites for download below. I think this could be in a format that could be switched over possibly to the calculator, or at least give you a framework to work from.

http://www.med-ia.ch/medcalc/palm_download.html
http://www.fppda.com/free5.htm
Does anyone have any programs for me to try. I am still waiting for one to at least try and we can go from there.
emartin13 wrote:
Does anyone have any programs for me to try. I am still waiting for one to at least try and we can go from there.
I just noticed this topic! I actually did something very similar to what you're looking for, for a Physics student that wanted his more often-used equations automated on the TI-84. I can do the same for you in a few days' time, on either the 84+ or the 89, both of which I own at least one of. I'm relatively fluent in both 83 and 68K BASIC, so neither calculator is particularly easier for me to code than another. However, if any of the functions you'd like implemented require a CAS or require more screen real estate, it would make more sense to write on the 89. If you're interested, please email me at moshimaster18@gmail.com or PM me on Cemetech with what specific equations you'd like implemented, or other features you'd like.

And don't worry, I do this for free! Cool
Uh...
I wrote it on my 89...
Can I have some information about your calc? (AMS version, hardware version, etc?) You can get it by pressing <F1>-<alpha>-<a> (the equal sign).

Mine is a HW4 AMS3.10 TI-89 Titanium.

EDIT:

Dug out my OS2.09 HW2 TI-89... The program runs fine on that one...

I'll make a version without dialogs, though.
Sam wrote:
emartin13 wrote:
I just noticed this topic! I actually did something very similar to what you're looking for, for a Physics student that wanted his more often-used equations automated on the TI-84. I can do the same for you in a few days' time, on either the 84+ or the 89, both of which I own at least one of. I'm relatively fluent in both 83 and 68K BASIC, so neither calculator is particularly easier for me to code than another. However, if any of the functions you'd like implemented require a CAS or require more screen real estate, it would make more sense to write on the 89. If you're interested, please email me at moshimaster18@gmail.com or PM me on Cemetech with what specific equations you'd like implemented, or other features you'd like.

And don't worry, I do this for free! Cool

Awesome! I have it above and would prefer it on the TI 86SE. I was hoping on some of these equations to be graphed out, so that I can make predictions. But for now here are some equations and the PALM did these equations and more before they got placed on MEDCALC, see below.

Bicarbonate deficit: HCO-3 deficit (meq) [congruent] 0.7×lean body weight (kg)× (10-plasma [HCO-3])

FENa: (FENa), % = 100 × (SCr × UNa ) / (SNa × UCr)
FEUrea: (FEUrea in percent) = (sCr * uUrea) / (sUrea x uCr) * 100
Prerenal Intrinsic renal Postrenal
FENa
<1% >1% >4%
FEUrea
≤ 35% >50% N/A

Here are three equations to get started with up top(and how to interpret the bottom 2), although I don't think we have to re-invent the wheel here as they developed an early version of MDCALC on the Palm OS before PALM became obsolete. I have linked the websites for download below. I think this could be in a format that could be switched over possibly to the calculator, or at least give you a framework to work from.

http://www.med-ia.ch/medcalc/palm_download.html
http://www.fppda.com/free5.htm
Michael0x18 wrote:
Uh...
I wrote it on my 89...
Can I have some information about your calc? (AMS version, hardware version, etc?) You can get it by pressing <F1>-<alpha>-<a> (the equal sign).

Mine is a HW4 AMS3.10 TI-89 Titanium.

EDIT:

Dug out my OS2.09 HW2 TI-89... The program runs fine on that one...

I'll make a version without dialogs, though.

For my TI 89: hardware version 2.00 advanced mathematics software version 2.03, 12/8/1999

For My TI 84 plus SE: it is 2.53MP
Yikes! I'll do a no-dialogs version

EDIT:
Here it is. This should be more compatible.
https://github.com/pnpt-dev/pnpt-dev/releases/download/md89_2/main.md89_nd.89p

Just type "md89_nd()" (without quotes) at the homescreen and use the left/right arrows and the number keys to navigate. ESC exits.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours