Can you really call this a project? I spent more time writing the readme than anything else.
I just wanted to share a colorful cat.

and a link to the repo containing code I used to make it happen.
I'm assuming this is just one of those "I'm bored, what dumb graphics/math programs can I write on my CE" programs that actually turned out to be moderately cool.

10/10, would pet the cat.
r/tooktoomuch
I like the implementation on a cat. Rainbow kitties seems very popular these day. Wink
Good job!
You know, some programs are just flat-out useless but really cool. But this program is so useless that I might just download it. Cool
Iambian: Does this only work with this one cat picture?

I would only download your program if it can play the same color effect
on different images (images that the user can set)
(something like: the user scrolls in the memory and selects
an image that he has previously sent to the calculator).
DAVID-19 wrote:
Iambian: Does this only work with this one cat picture?

Based on the git it can work with other images ...

Github wrote:
Take your input image and modify it in an editor to be 320 by 240 pixels.

Save that image in the src/gfx folder as Plasmafractal.png

Open a command-line window in the src/gfx folder. The following commands done, in order, should prepare the image for build:

Code:
convpng
python sortpal.py
convpng

With the final convpng run, ensure that the converted size (the one shown on the right) is less than 65000. If it is larger, you should pick a different image or modify it to use fewer colors, then to gack to step 2.

Modify the NUMBER_OF_COLORS constant near the top of src/main.c to contain the number of colors of the input image to help optimize speed. (You can ignore this step if you want)
Navigate to project root folder, then run in command-line:

Code:
make

You're done. Send bin/DEMO.8xp to your 84+CE.
oh, okay,
I didn`t know this, now I can say it`s a cool project! Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours