OK so I was experimenting with the gfx_printstringxy(char* str, etc...)
I realized that I wanted to print a char array. So I passed a pointer:

Code:

gfx_printstringxy(&arr, 100, 10);

This caused the text to be printed weirdly. Big and with the lines through it. I know there is print char, in which you loop through the values. Is that how I'm supposed to print the array?
An char array (a string) decays to a char pointer, so just:
Code:
gfx_PrintStringXY(arr, 100, 10)

Also, please read the documentation in the future, it should be able to answer most of these questions for you.

EDIT: While this is true, it likely isn’t what you’re looking for. Commandblockguy’s solution is the correct one.
Are you calling gfx_Begin first? All of the graphx commands will display funny if you don't do that first, as the OS uses a different bits-per-pixel mode than graphx does. You'll also need to call gfx_End before exiting to clean up.
Yeah I did exactly what you did. Idk what happen. Though this is the exact code (without the includes):

Code:

int main() {
    gfx_Begin();
    int x = 0;
    char work[10];
    sprintf(work, "some %d", x);
    puts(work);
    gfx_PrintStringXY(&work, 100, 130);
    //if I do gfx_PrintStringXY(work, 100, 130); it gives me gibberish.
    gfx_End();
}

This is probably a debugging error, but thanks for the replies. I'm pretty new to this (i've done c++, java, python, but not that much c) I'll work on this later, I probably did some stuff wrong. Oh. I'll try running gfx_printStringXY(work, 100, 130); later. I think I know the problem.
It's probably actually the puts that's creating the gibberish text - I believe puts expects the graphics to be in the mode the OS uses, rather than the one graphx uses. So, I would either remove the gfx_Begin and only use puts, or keep the gfx_Begin and remove the puts call.
Yeah thanks. I removed the puts and it seemed to work. I'm new to c so I just copied that code somewhere else "how to make int a string in c". Should have researched what puts does. Turns out its a weird print function. I usually use higher leveled langauges. Man its though doing string manipulation in c. In java use "some " + x. In cpp use "some " + std::to_string(x) and in python "some " + str(x). Not used to using strcat and sprinf

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours