Apparently I haven't been keeping this sufficiently updated! There have been four new episodes since I last posted in this thread:

Episode 20 took us along the New Haven to New York corridor with a P32AC-DM, with some rather amusing results when Train Simulator didn't agree that we should follow a sane route:

In Episodes 21 through 23, I drove a custom model of the CPRR1 private train car/locomotive on various routes. In Episode 21, I hadn't gotten its motive power working yet, so an Acela powercar pushed from the back of the train as we traversed the ECML (and might have encountered a problem at the end of the route). In Episodes 22 and 23, it pulled an Amfleet consist under its own power on the New York to New Haven route and from London to Brighton.

And I continued to fail to update this! The season ended with 9 more Train Simulator 2017 episodes, for a grand total of a whopping 32. I've now started Train Simulator 2018 series that I'll try to keep updated, time permitting, this year.

TS2017 Ep 24/KermMartian Live #13: NY Penn to Summit

TS2017 Ep 25/KermMartian Live #14: Summit to Dover

TS2017 Ep 26/KermMartian Live #15: UK Gala: Commuter Trio

TS2017 Ep 27: Train Meditation

TS2017 Ep 28/KermMartian Live #16: Class 377 Merger

TS2017: Train Simulator Repaint/Reskin Tutorial [Ep 29]

TS2017 Ep 30/KermMartian Live #20: CPRR HST ECML Express

German ICE-T Speeding [TS2017 Ep 31/KermMartian Live #21]

Welsh GWR Makeup Service [TS2017 Ep 32/KermMartian Live #22]
Whelp, I have not posted here in quite a while; I'll have to fix that. I apologize to anyone who tried to join my stream last night, as it seems I was having some internet difficulties.

It should have been an easy stopping service from Brighton to Gatwick Airport. A warm summer breeze gently fanned the trees, operators heading the other way waved in greeting, but up the tracks, tragedy awaited. Join me for a (not actually) tense commuter trip towards London in Train Simulator 2019.

And it's been over a year! I actually failed to post a few videos in this thread (the first post now has them), but last weekend, I started creating Train Simulator 2020 videos with an epic, 3-hour, 194-mile journey from Exeter (in the west of England) all the way to London's Paddington. Here's the journey, as a three-part series:

Happy 2021, everyone! I've done a few streams since that last post, including a Christmas Eve extravaganza where I explored quite a few routes, and on that stream, I polled the audience about whether they'd like advance notice when I'm doing another stream. To that end, this Saturday, February 13th, at 1pm Eastern Time, I'll be doing my next TRAINS stream.
More videos added to the first post, namely the rest of Train Simulator 2020 and all of Train Simulator 2021! Per my goal to do Train Simulator streaming more frequently, I'm going to do another stream this Saturday (tomorrow), March 20th, at 1pm Eastern Time. Join me!
Do you have a preferred time to stream? I sometimes see that you were streamed 3 hours ago but I can’t seem to catch you live. Looks like it’s Saturdays around 1? I might be back home by then!
Alex wrote:
Do you have a preferred time to stream? I sometimes see that you were streamed 3 hours ago but I can’t seem to catch you live. Looks like it’s Saturdays around 1? I might be back home by then!
Hooray, I hope you are! I'm trying to be a little more regular about when I stream; if I succeed in streaming tomorrow, that'll be at least two Saturdays at 1pm ET separated by a month, so maybe Saturdays at 1pm ET? Smile
Sweet! I'll put an event on my calendar for it Smile

Do you have any interest in doing non-commuter streams? Perhaps long-haul cargo? Is that even possible in Train Simulator?
Alex wrote:
Sweet! I'll put an event on my calendar for it Smile

Do you have any interest in doing non-commuter streams? Perhaps long-haul cargo? Is that even possible in Train Simulator?
Yes! I mean, rellllatively long-haul, such as my Great Western freight exploration (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUkdZzmp6d8 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L916wbrfvA), which was somewhere between 100 and 200 miles. It's definitely something I don't focus on much but which would be fun to do in a stream soon.
I have a Train Simulator Classic key and keys for a few routes/DLCs (London-Faversham High Speed, London to Brighton Route, South London Network Route, Portsmouth Direct Line, London Waterloo: Portsmouth Route, and a few others) - DM me here or on Discord if you'd like one!

Edit: TSC key has been claimed.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours