SC3 is undeniably one of the best parts of this website. It's well-polished, fast, useful, and regularly attracts new users.

Because of this popularity, it's inevitable that people will come up with various little improvements and tweaks to make it just a tiny bit more friendly.

And, uhh, the admins don't have enough time to implement every tiny thing... and neither do I, haha (~volunteers!). Adding features to something as complex as SC3 is not always easy or fun, and it takes time away from implementing better things for the site, like a fancy new backend.

However, a third party doesn't have these problems Evil or Very Mad

Introducing my SC3 modpack. It's a collection of small scripts that tweak sc3's front-end.

You can "install" it and read about it here.

Enjoy.
Nice! This'll come in useful for a lot of people... Also, do I have to "run" the link every time I use SC3 on my computer, or will it load itself (browser cookies?)
I just got around to trying this, and let me just say well done! I really think this is a good addition to the site, even if it won't be added to the default. I look forward to seeing your future updates!
bdoggamer wrote:
I just got around to trying this, and let me just say well done! I really think this is a good addition to the site, even if it won't be added to the default. I look forward to seeing your future updates!

Thanks!

Speaking of updates, I added a utility that lets you disable that annoying autosave shifting.

The bookmarklet should autoupdate, no need to re-install it :)
Double posting within a few hours because of a major update-

I added the ability to format TI-BASIC code with one click. Pretty nice, works about 60% of the time Rolling Eyes

I also added a theme chooser. You can choose from one of CodeMirror's 60 demonstration themes. Note that the one with the fullest support for sc3's features is the default theme neat, which is not to be confused with the theme named default. (this is because SC3 doesn't use CodeMirror's "default" theme).
I love the idea of these tweaks to SC, but over time, the site has changed enough to break a lot of your userstyle/js injection.

I have made a little Chrome Extension that makes SourceCoder fullscreen. To install, unzip into a semi-permanent directory, then go to the Chrome/Edge extensions settings and "Load Unpacked", then select the directory that contains the .json and .css files
Here is the link to the extension .zip let me know if it works for you!
NoahK wrote:
I love the idea of these tweaks to SC, but over time, the site has changed enough to break a lot of your userstyle/js injection.

I have made a little Chrome Extension that makes SourceCoder fullscreen. To install, unzip into a semi-permanent directory, then go to the Chrome/Edge extensions settings and "Load Unpacked", then select the directory that contains the .json and .css files
Here is the link to the extension .zip let me know if it works for you!

That works great! Personally, I’d remove the whole jsTIfied and tokens panel as well, but that’s easily accomplished
Those two panels are actually extremely useful in my opinion, just not for experienced users writing BASIC for the CE.
NoahK: I set up your extension in Chrome but i can't figure how to use it to make src3 fullscreen. How would you initialize it? I know that double clicking on _iPhoenix's bookmark link works, but that doesn't seem to work with browser extensions. Confused
Michael2_3B: Since you said that removing the justified panel was easy, how would you remove it? Question
Thanks to both of you in advance (or anybody else that responds)! Very Happy

Edit: I made the dumb mistake of not refreshing my SourceCoder 3 page after I enabled NoahK's fullscreen extension! I also had my browser window scrunched up really small, and all I had to do was enlarge the window to fill the screen and reload the page to make it work! Also, deleting the jstified elements worked as well! I had no idea that one could just delete parts of a web page for convenience!
Here is a screenshot:
randomguy wrote:
NoahK: I set up your extension in Chrome but i can't figure how to use it to make src3 fullscreen. How would you initialize it? I know that double clicking on _iPhoenix's bookmark link works, but that doesn't seem to work with browser extensions. Confused
Michael2_3B: Since you said that removing the justified panel was easy, how would you remove it? Question
Thanks to both of you in advance (or anybody else that responds)! Very Happy

If you've downloaded NoahK's extension, unzipped it, and hit "Load unpacked" and then selected the folder, then as long as dev mode is on and the extension is enabled then it should work.

As for removing the jsTIfied panel and stuff, you can delete that by going into inspect element, finding the jsTIfied stuff in the page elements and simply deleting it.
If you don't want to have to remove them every time, you can use Ublock Origin to automatically remove the panels.
Ah yes, classic. Tell your adblocker that part of the actual site is an ad.
btw, how could I use unblock origin to reload source coder 3 the same way every time? There is a bunch of HTML and CSS that I don't understand when i open the inspect elements in Chrome, although it is easy to find what code to delete in order to remove the jstified panel(s).
Michael0x18 wrote:
If you don't want to have to remove them every time, you can use Ublock Origin to automatically remove the panels.

Lol, or I could just expand upon NoahK's css file with just a few lines of code, and voila, no more jsTIfied or tokens panel. It's incredibly simple.

Try it here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/phdy35q7lvu7ikl/NoahKFullscreenSourceCoderMichael2_3BsModification.src.zip/file

Again, just unzip it, load it into chrome://extensions with load unpacked, and go to sourcecoder and it works immediately

Edit: (side note, it isn't quite fullscreen if you have iPhoenix's userstyles enabled)

Edit edit: Personally, I don't ever really need the tokens panel, but if you do, you can go into the css file and remove the text that says ", .tokens_panel", save that, and reload it into your extensions

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours