Realistically, as long as I'm CEO of a startup, finding the time to dedicate to doing Doors CE properly (which would likely be a notable departure from its current form, with all of the advancements that have been made since I wrote the beta) is highly unlikely. I want Doors CE to exist at least as much as the next guy; I think Cesium more than covers people's shell needs for now, but Doors CE is a different sort of beast with different goals, and I believe could peacefully coexist with Cesium. I've had a longstanding effort to at least provide the hybrid BASIC libs, since that's something that is notably missing from the CE, but various problems I don't want to talk about have repeatedly delayed that. And networking would be amazing, but as stated, CALCnet as written for the older calculators is highly unlikely (unless jacobly finds me one more missing manipulation to bitbang the D+/D- lines in the USB port he hadn't previously found), so a new version would have to use some sort of USB hardware.

tl;dr: No news, only lack of time and wishes for more time.
Would it be possible to access the Beta version and/or the source code?
Michael0x18 wrote:

Probably not...

Also, you took my name
Michael2_3B wrote:
Michael0x18 wrote:

Probably not...

Also, you took my name
Why not?
read the thread. we're tired of answering the same questions.
Is this thread dead?
arusher999 wrote:
Is this thread dead?

What do you need Doors CE for?
I don't really need Doors CE 9 anymore, I'm ok with Cesium and Vysion, just thinking about how useful it was for the silver edition, but I don't think Doors 9 will ever be coming out because of the ASM removal. But I hope that Kerm Martian's startup grew into a business Smile
Since the artifice jailbreak has been released to run assembly programs on the ti 84 plus CE, would it be possible to have doors now? It is very much needed. I've been desperate to try out the Gossamer program to view web browsers on my calculator.
N30Platinum wrote:
Since the artifice jailbreak has been released to run assembly programs on the ti 84 plus CE, would it be possible to have doors now? It is very much needed. I've been desperate to try out the Gossamer program to view web browsers on my calculator.

No, Kerm is busy. I would suggest looking at some of the other shells for the CE, such as Cesium, VYSION 2, and CEaShell (there are also several more in varying states of completion/bugginess).

Also, Gossamer would need to be completely remade and wasn't a part of Doors CS.
N30Platinum wrote:
Maybe if I have tons of free time I'll look into porting some of the most-needed bits (CALCnet2 and xLIBCE spring to mind), but there are indeed a nice mix of admirable shells out now for the CE.

arusher999 wrote:
But I hope that Kerm Martian's startup grew into a business Smile
It's getting there!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 27 of 27
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours