Due to a poke from Kerm on his latest stream, I decided to hunker down in my room for 3 hours and re-shoot a bunch of footage of my LEGO city that I chocked full of lights! I spent all day editing the video and I'm fairly pleased with it. It's a heck of a lot better than my [url=https://1drv.ms/v/s!Al_ZukYl7XyyhUs_xS8lZXvXV7Nr]old one[/url]. I've got a few things to change (ie improving some transitions and adding a credits screen), but this is what the main video should look like! Please tell me what you think of it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CyhQYzsWG0

After shooting, I realized I forgot to light up one floor, but oh well, maybe you wont notice. Rolling Eyes

I may make another video that features the design of the power grid and how everything works together.
Whooaa!!! That's really cool, TheL!!
I finished the video! I'm not too happy with the thumbnail, but it's the best I could come up with. I've added the video to the first post of this thread!
Another Christmas, another LEGO set. This year I received the LEGO Bugatti Chiron set!

Time to update my log:
Note: This is in USA dollars; time is only measuring active build time, not breaks or sleep.
2014: Racer (Formula One): $???: ~5 hours to build
2016: Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245: $230: ~9 hours to build
2017: Porsche 911 GT3 RS: $300: ~11 hours to build
2018: Bugatti Chiron: $350: ~14 hours to build

This took me the most time to build any LEGO set, but the final result looks spectacular, especially after I installed the Lightailing custom light kit!
I've got a full album of pictures here on Imgur but I've posted some of my favorite images.

Compared to the Porsche set I got last year, this one was a bit less complex internally. The LEGO group seems to have optimized the paddle shift feature so it doesn't take up nearly as much space. But the outside was a lot more complex to do, it was quite a challenge making everything fit together and look good. I had trouble with that since I would occasionally accidental miss key steps in the instruction manual. Razz
Fortunately, I didn't mess up anything critical, the final product still looks fantastic and all the gears work great. Now I just have to find a place to display it...
Its been a while and during my last update, I added a construction light post that can be plugged into the power grid from anywhere! I got my main design from Aaron on a MOC forum but I modified it so it would actually work! Here's how it turned out:

It can turn 360 degrees so it doesn't matter which direction you need it pointed:

The wiring in the right picture (above) is pretty strange, but it somehow works and gives off a lot more light than I expected:

Another thing I did was add a second working stoplight, I figured it one light was one color, then stoplights perpendicular to that road would be the other so the wiring was pretty simple:

The wiring was so simple it even still works with my draw bridge track design!
I have a ton of Legos, but most of them are all taken apart Razz.
I do like to make Star Wars MOCs though.
Here are some pictures of my take on a TIE Interceptor (The blue is like an homage to older Lego TIE fighters... Plus I didn't have the right pieces in black Razz)

I'll probably post some other MOCs as I make them.
I need to take photos of my lego creations and post them here, i have some cool ones
Wow that looks really cool Jeffitus! I like the blue plates, great job recreating it!
Here's a project I did a long time ago, it utilizes the winch brick as a wind-up 'motor'.

Stopped state : Go state

Some GIFs of it moving:
It's been a while! I was fortunate enough to receive the Lego Lamborghini Sian kit this year! Although it may not be the most beautiful car (the Bugatti still holds that trophy for me) it was definitely the most fun to build. Lego has certainly optimized their components like the paddle shift and I'm really happy they finally designed the set to show off the complex gearbox and V12 engine. There's a windows to see the transmission on the bottom and the engine cover is easily removable.

Although the set build time was only about 12 hours this year, adding lights and cable managing everything was a pain! It added about 3 hours on top of the set building. It was totally worth it though, there's so much RGB (yes, I can change the colors!) it illuminates my entire room by itself!

Enough talk, here's some eye candy!

(Click for full size)

I've got a lot more images and a whole build process in an album here: https://imgur.com/a/8ME9h81

All right, here's the whole family now!
(This is in USA dollars; time is only measuring active build time, not breaks or sleep.)
2014: Grand Prix Racer: $130: ~5 hours to build
2016: Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245: $230: ~9 hours to build
2017: Porsche 911 GT3 RS: $300: ~11 hours to build
2018: Bugatti Chiron: $350: ~14 hours to build
2020: Lamborghini Sian: $380: ~12 hours to build

Here's my current office decor:

I not-so-recently assembled the Darth Vader Helmet (set 75304) set with my father as part of his father's day festivities errm, *checks calendar*. Working together, we built the set in around an hour and a half. I really enjoyed the process- all of the odd angles in the build were done very cleverly. Each part that could possibly be angled freely was designed so it contacted and was stopped by another brick- there was no interpretation or ambiguity in any of the angles. This was especially impressive to me due to the large quantity and wide variation in the angles required.

I made one modification to the set- I wasn't a huge fan of the display plate on the front of the base, the one saying "LEGO STAR WARS DARTH VADER HELMET COPYRIGHT LUCASFILM DISNEY EMPIRE INC TM". It kinda takes away from the elegance of the thing (in our opinion at least). I managed to fit all of the pieces of this stand in the base and in easily-accessible locations under the helmet so that we could reconstruct it if we changed our mind.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours