Hello everyone, I am working on a version of Animal Crossing New Horizons for the TI-84 Plus CE written in TI-BASIC format, since the program is technically in the Beta phase (It's at version 0.04.23) I am not going to post the game publicly yet.
However, if you want to test it out just let me know. I'd be happy to send you the current version of the game. Google drive will be hosting the the file so if you want the code I'll pm you the link to the file, PLEASE do not share the link with anyone else! Thanks!
Also, if you have any ideas to make it better, just let me know.
Please be patient it make take me a while to get back to you, sorry.
Public or not Poll: http://ceme.tech/p291324

Note: The game is Text/Number Based.
I’d like to test! I’d particularly like to take a look at the code to make sure it doesnt fall into the GOTO memory leak trap..
Oxiti8 wrote:
I’d like to test! I’d particularly like to take a look at the code to make sure it doesnt fall into the GOTO memory leak trap..

What do you mean by that Oxiti8?
Firepup650 wrote:
Oxiti8 wrote:

What do you mean by that Oxiti8?

I think what Oxiti is tying to say is that he wants to make sure that your program will work because there are bugs with the GOTO / LBL Formatting
It's not a good idea to have a goto inside of an if statement. It's a bug with the BASIC interpreter.
I'd love to test this program and see how it works. (As mentioned by other people) I'd like to see if the code is optimized for such a big project. I think it is an awesome program idea and I'd love to see it released.
The first beta is now up, i'm gonna make poll though to ask if i should make it public

This is a big no. ditch the "then" portions- you are leaking a ton of memory here

Edit: Also, drop the parentheses at the end of text before a newline- it saves a byte.

Ex. Disp "Hello" vs. Disp "Hello
Oxiti8 wrote:

This is a big no. ditch the "then" portions- you are leaking a ton of memory here

Edit: Also, drop the parentheses at the end of text before a newline- it saves a byte.

Ex. Disp "Hello" vs. Disp "Hello

Does it even still work if you don't put the "then" parts?
yes, it'll work...

Code:

:If 0=1:Goto 1
:If 0=2:Goto 2
:If 0=3:Goto 3
:If 0=4:Goto 4
:If 0=5:Goto 5
:If 0=6:Goto 6
:If 0=7:Goto 7
:If 0=650123:Goto 0
:Goto B

The way If lines work, as well as other conditional statements, is:

Code:

:If <condition>
:<if condition is true>
:<if condition is false>

...and if you *need* it to execute multiple commands (so not just Goto), you would then use Then...

Code:

:Then
:<if condition is true, command 1...>
:<if condition is true, command 2...>
:<...>
:Else
:<if condition is false, command 1...>
:<if condition is false, command 2...>
:End           <= Ends the If statement and it's code
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
yes, it'll work...

Code:

:If 0=1:Goto 1
:If 0=2:Goto 2
:If 0=3:Goto 3
:If 0=4:Goto 4
:If 0=5:Goto 5
:If 0=6:Goto 6
:If 0=7:Goto 7
:If 0=650123:Goto 0
:Goto B

The way If lines work, as well as other conditional statements, is:

Code:

:<if condition is true>
:<if condition is false>

...and if you *need* it to execute multiple commands (so not just Goto), you would then use Then...

Code:

:Then
:<if condition is true, command 1...>
:<if condition is true, command 2...>
:Else
:<if condition is false, command 1...>
:<if condition is false, command 2...>
:End           <= Ends the If statement and it's code

Thanks, i tried to use it and still used "end"s, this helps a lot!
Link to captures of game: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gVK5507Uk3hWMdLoKwTvwNNiF_htBTJm?usp=sharing

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours