I have installed some Gameboy ROM's on my calculator, with TIBoyce. But one big issue i am facing is that i have very little memory. So, does anyone knows a way to increase my RAM? Thanks in advance!
Try putting programs and variables in the archive instead of RAM.

It's not possible to increase the amount of RAM, as it's built in to the ASIC.
You can install the latest version of Cesium and store games on a flash drive and then transfer them to the calculator whenever you want to use them.
commandblockguy wrote:

I have installed all my ROM's in the archive, but it is still not even close to enough memory Sad
MateoConLechuga wrote:
You can install the latest version of Cesium and store games on a flash drive and then transfer them to the calculator whenever you want to use them.

I have cesium, but how do i send them to a flash drive? I dont know much about hardware and programming stuff.
Instead of making a post everytime use the SAX Chat Client
As of the latest version (3.4.1), Cesium supports working with USB drives. You need a USB-OTG host adapter (which are inexpensive and fairly plentiful).

QuillPlayzYT wrote:
Instead of making a post everytime use the SAX Chat Client
Disagree: posting makes a record that other people can find later. I'd say you should prefer to post, especially when you have questions.
commandblockguy wrote:

TheLastMillennial: hold my beer
joost020 wrote:
commandblockguy wrote:

I have installed all my ROM's in the archive, but it is still not even close to enough memory Sad

Sir, this is a calculator, not a mass-storage-gaming-super-computer-with-extra-cheese-no-pickles-and-RGB-enabled device. The key mistake you revealed in your statement is "all my ROMs," it should say "all the ROMs I'm using right now." I've only got three, and all in all that's still not too much space on my calc (not enough to miss anyway, and I have backups). Calcmaniac has been working on shrinking the ROM size lately, although from what I've seen he's been more focused on adding GBC support and optimizing from there. So in short the best thing to do is wait and get rid of all those games you aren't playing, maybe convert them all but only keep two around for playing so you can rotate when you finish one.

Here's my little list of stuff you can delete of the calc, just press [2nd] + [mem] + [2] + [1] to see everything on the calc and choose what to remove:
    1. Delete the language packs you don't speak.
    You can keep them if you want to learn Spanish or something, but they take up some space.

2. Clear out useless apps.
    Get rid of EasyData, Probsim, and CellSheet; I haven't found a reason for their existence yet and Probsim is a giant waste of archive space. TI-Innovator and SmartPad are useful, but if you don't need 'em, get rid of them. Keep Inequalz, Transform, Periodic, SciTools, and PlySmlt2; you can't live without them. Here's a link to the list of default apps if you don't know what to keep.

3. Erase unused games and programs.
    Move things to archive if you want to keep them, leave others in RAM and reset the calc.
As you run programs the usable RAM will decrease over time, and you'll need to reset it if it says you don't have enough sometimes. Garbage collect when prompted, and don't be scared if the screen looks corrupted, it just means you have to garbage collect or the calc will crash. Now go do your homework, have fun, and make some games too!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours