I have recently updated my TI-84 plus ce-t to OS 5.6. But now I can't run a lot of programs, does anyone knows a way to downgrade it back to OS 5.5? Thanks!
You don't need to downgrade, use arTIfiCE + Cesium + AsmHook to restore access to native code programs on OS 5.6 Smile

Next time, be careful, even weary of upgrading your calculator's OS: newer versions sometimes come with such major anti-features as removing (direct, official, that is ^^) access to native code programs.
Tell your schoolmates and friends to be careful, too Smile
That has always been the case for the TI-Nspire series as well, the TI-eZ80 series to which your 84+CE-TPE belongs recently became managed the same despicable way.
You want arTIfiCE.

If you have an older hardware revision and boot code bootswap (preferred) or Cauldron will allow you to downgrade the OS.
IIRC, Cermastr also allows you to disable the minimum OS requirement, but it also can brick your calculator.
ShinyGardevoir wrote:
IIRC, Cermastr also allows you to disable the minimum OS requirement, but it also can brick your calculator.
All the above options have this potential. I'd say CERMASTR is by far the safest though. So long as you follow a tutorial there's nothing serious that could go wrong.
Edit: however, CERMASTR may not work on the latest OS. You can try it anyways but depending how new your calculator is, it may not work.
Again, as everyone else previously stated, use arTIfiCE to restore asm and c functionality, and there are multiple ways of downgrading. If you want a video tutorial, both TheLastMillennial and commandblockguy made excellent videos on the topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abB0ZEdQ1rs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e8pgw9d7S4
I copied your picture in your sig, KnightsWhoSayNi; is that alright?
Yeah that's perfectly fine. Picture's from google, I found it a long time ago and have been using it ever since. And my signature is from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. If you haven't seen that movie I'd definitely suggest it.
If you want to downgrade your operating system, watch BioHazard's video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKs9jmiOLX0
So bassicaly, i can use Artifce or downgrade. What is the better option if i want to play gameboy roms?
joost020 wrote:
So bassicaly, i can use Artifce or downgrade. What is the better option if i want to play gameboy roms?

Artifice will do fine
Use arTIfiCE to install Cesium and/or AsmHook. That works just fine.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours