If you would like one of these kits, what is the maximum you would pay for one? (USD)
$20
 3%  [ 1 ]
$40
 37%  [ 10 ]
$60
 25%  [ 7 ]
$80
 14%  [ 4 ]
$100
 18%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 27

I messaged you on Discord.

Edit: I messaged all 4 of you on Discord.
After some testing yesterday, even with the backlight off, the battery on my KE went from full (4 bars) to 1 bar in about 6 hours. So an extended battery would be great, especially if you want to use this as a kind of mini portable computer/PDA.

There is a large empty space in the right-hand side of the case, which would be perfect to house a battery. The space is also used to store the slack in the wiring, so an added battery can't take up all of the space. I have ordered a replacement battery for the Samsung Galaxy S5, which seems to be the right size. That will be delivered today, and I will try to test it tonight.

Tomorrow, I have surgery on my hand. There was an incident last week where I cut my palm/finger pretty badly, and the surgery tomorrow should fix what the ER docs couldn't quickly fix last week. So, there may be a slight delay in the delivery of the kits as it's hard to dye-sub keys with one hand haha.
Oh man, I hope the surgery goes well! Don't be in any rush to get this done with only one hand. Having two hands is slightly more important than calculators!

What the capacity of S5 battery did you choose? I saw a range of 3300mAh to 3800mAh. Assuming it's the latter, that should give a nice bump to battery life to 22-24 hours if my napkin math is right. That's about how long my old TI-84 Plus CE lasts which is definitely acceptable.
Surely I can just plug in an external power supply? Razz Who needs batteries when I don't plan to move it lol.
My hand surgery went really well, recovering now and will be in a splint for a while. I got a nerve and a tendon reattached in my middle finger.

I also tried out some options for adding an extra battery. The replacement battery for the Galaxy S5 fit really well in the corner. I got one of the higher-capacity ones, around 3750mAh. Haven't tested the battery life yet, but the added weight makes it feel substantial. There is a 7800mAh version, but it is twice as thick, so it doesn't fit in the case.
Glad to hear those precious hands are on the mend. An additional battery would be great - but I think I'm going to be more like Mateo Smile.

Could put in one of those solar strips just for giggles Very Happy.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours