Do you want to see this project finished?
Yes!
 37%  [ 3 ]
Of Course! This looks awesome!
 62%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

Introducing SpherixCE!

We are going to politely ignore the fact that I tried this in ICE already and made a complete idiot of myself

SpherixCE is a puzzle game. You control the player named "Spherix". Your goal is to collect the green end gem and exit out of the rainbow portal to the next level (currently there is only one level). In order to achieve the end gem, you can obtain items from chests (either a key, boulder, or the end gem), use buttons to open pathways through fake walls (currently implementing), use ladders to teleport from one section of the map to another (currently implementing), and even push boulders through holes to apparently create a floor tile. Laughing

Also the github repo is here if you want to make fun of my code take a look at my code.
Looks great, I remember your previous iteration of this and this looks to have improved nicely!
Wonderful work!

Do you know how to make smoother moving? This uses tilemaps, right?
Amazing work on the revamp! I like the moving tilemap system Razz
re: your code. It's actually pretty good imo Smile Plus, it compiles nicely on the BOS toolchain!
beckadamtheinventor wrote:
re: your code. It's actually pretty good imo Smile Plus, it compiles nicely on the BOS toolchain!

Haha, thank you. Very Happy

I will say that my code is a stark improvement on some of my previous projects, although at the moment I'm going back and cleaning up the code (getting rid of all these ugly globals, consolidating repeated code snippets, moving stuff around into more logical functions, etc.)
Update Time!

I have been programming on and off since the initial post last month and have since then added in multiple level support among other minor bug fixes/code adjustments.

Here is some eye candy!

Level 1:

Level ??:

Git repo can be found here.

Before re-implementing boulder mechanics, and then implementing objects like pushButtons and warpLadders, I am planning on tackling the animations for everything I already have. This includes map scrolling, player scrolling, text scrolling, boulder scrolling, and even a scrolling water animation if looping the sprite image from left to right a couple pixels at a time (wrapping around the edges) doesn't make the tile look crappy. Razz
I can see myself having a lot of fun playing this!

So with the animations you mentioned, I presume the plan is to have everything smooth scrolling, but still grid aligned after each move? (Like Chip's Challenge?)
Is the code better though?

EDIT: The answer is yes, the code is very clean. Keep it up. A couple minor things here and there but nothing critical. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours