If I added multiplayer for this (same protocols as Trek), how many people would play?
Probably
 77%  [ 41 ]
Maybe
 13%  [ 7 ]
Not Likely
 9%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 53

The game is mostly done, is in beta and being sent to a few people as a closed beta for testing, then I will release it publicly.

A subsequent update may add online play capabilities given that the framework Beck, command, and I devised for TI-Trek is portable to pretty much anything, just needs a server coded for it.

There are two easter eggs in the game. One of them should be fairly obvious. The other one is a treat for those who watch Markiplier's Uno series.
Hey that's great, love UNO.

Any thoughts on 4 player with AI?

(Also 'effing Barbara'? XD).
tr1p1ea wrote:
Hey that's great, love UNO.
Same.

tr1p1ea wrote:
Any thoughts on 4 player with AI?
I had initially planned that, but the UI I set up didn't have a ton of room left. I could work something out eventually.

tr1p1ea wrote:
(Also 'effing Barbara'? XD).
Lmao. That's a Markiplier Uno series reference. It's a quib about the AI player "Barbara" that Mark, Bob, and Wade usually rage about, as it tends to screw them over repeatedly, leading one or more of them to yell "****ing Barbara" at least once per video.
Not to mention the creators of Artifice already pulled an Uno Reverse Card on OS 5.5.1.
Started work on a bit of a server framework, and let's just say its more difficult than I anticipated, so i'll need to plan it more but in the meantime did a bit more work on the SP version.

Figure I'll share the rules this particular version uses, given that there are different variations out there:

1) All general rules apply: color on color, or value on value.
2) You can stack Draw 2's and Draw 4's to compound the effect and pass the draw off to the next player.
3) However, for the Wild Draw 4, it is only a "Legal" play if you have no other card to play, even when being used to stack with an existing Draw 4 on the stack.
3b) If you suspect an illegally-played Draw 4, you can challenge it. If you succeed, the one who played it draws. If you fail, you draw the existing stack + 2.
3c) If a stack of Draw 4's arrives at you and you challenge successfully, you don't draw for the last Draw 4 played, but you still draw for the others. (example: Player 1 plays Draw 4, Player 2 stacks a Draw 4, you challenge and succeed. Player 2 draws 4, You draw 4.
3d) If you challenge a Draw 4, you cannot stack yourself.

Here's the beta for testing. Report back any bugs. Once I verify that this is bug-free (mostly) then I'll upload it to the Cemetech archives.
Download Here
Ahh the proper Wild Draw 4 rule, nice one Smile.
tr1p1ea wrote:

Indeed! Lots of people don't know this rule Laughing
In related news I have repurposed the TI-Trek frameworks for the server, client, and bridge to create a network-capable version of this game. I also *think* I got the server mostly coded; now working on the client end of things before I test and release.
Alright, so I played some games and it overall is very fun but there is a bug. When the opponents stack plus 2's on mine, it doesn't seem to register that they played the plus 2 so basically they have infinite plus 2's to use when in a stacking situation.
hmm. ill look into it. I've never encountered this, but it's possible. Is it possible that they had that many +2's?
ACagliano wrote:
hmm. ill look into it. I've never encountered this, but it's possible. Is it possible that they had that many +2's?

No. There were times where the opponents have 3 or 2 cards and when they stack the plus 2, their card counter would not decrease and they would still keep the plus 2
Gyo V wrote:

No. There were times where the opponents have 3 or 2 cards and when they stack the plus 2, their card counter would not decrease and they would still keep the plus 2

Any chance you can get me a screenshot of it happenings, so i can see the precise triggers. it will make it easier to debug.
JamesV wrote:
tr1p1ea wrote:

Indeed! Lots of people don't know this rule 0x5

Which is such a shame...

Especially when I pull the "I challenge that!" card!
The Link is 404'd, could you put up a new link?
It's still 404'd, will a new link come soon?
I'll get it up soon. I kind of have been restructuring server stuffs.
ACagliano wrote:
I'll get it up soon. I kind of have been restructuring server stuffs.

Great!
may i ask how soon is "soon"?
Well given im working 4-5 days a week now, and have two other projects active that are priorities (one of which is a prerequisite of this and I kind of want to wait for command to put out his tcp/ip lib before working on it, it might be a while.
Can you make it compatible for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours