Generally, when a post is edited, a "last edited" message is added under the post timestamp. This can be seen on this recent post.
However, sometimes, this message does not appear after a post has been edited. For example, _iPhoenix_'s recent post has been edited, but no edit status appears.

This post has been edited 5 times.

EDIT: It looks like the message only appears when the post being edited isn't the latest one in the topic. In that case, I'm guessing that's intended behavior, though it's still somewhat misleading for it to say "edited n times in total."
test

This post has been edited 1 time.
commandblockguy wrote:
EDIT: It looks like the message only appears when the post being edited isn't the latest one in the topic. In that case, I'm guessing that's intended behavior, though it's still somewhat misleading for it to say "edited n times in total."

This is correct and the intended behavior of phpBB2. Whether or not it's a feature that should be patched to show total edits regardless is another question, since our version has been heavily modified already.
I mean, now that I know it's there I actually quite like it, but I did not know it was there so it seemed like a bug to me.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours