When a file is accepted into the archives, SAX displays this message
Quote:
[Cemetech] File [Hexapawn- An AI Game]([http://ceme.tech/DL2098)] by fXXa accepted into archives

I bolded the )] since those characters are actually backwards which creates an invalid short link.
It only does that on Discord, so it may be that Discord itself is trying to turn that into a link a second time.
It works for me on Discord - it gets converted into a named link which I can click, and that works fine. It's only SAX that has the issue.
This is what it looks like on SAX when you send the same raw message on IRC:

My guess is that the URL parser thinks that the closing parenthesis from the Markdown-style link is part of the URL. The link could be made clickable by just adding a space between the link and the parentheses, like with post notifications, but it would probably be better to prevent ) from being considered part of a URL.
commandblockguy wrote:
It works for me on Discord - it gets converted into a named link which I can click, and that works fine. It's only SAX that has the issue.
This is what it looks like on SAX when you send the same raw message on IRC:

My guess is that the URL parser thinks that the closing parenthesis from the Markdown-style link is part of the URL. The link could be made clickable by just adding a space between the link and the parentheses, like with post notifications, but it would probably be better to prevent ) from being considered part of a URL.

The issue is not the URL parser, the URL parser is doing things correctly here- the problem is that the named link thing expects a space before and after the URL, which is not being provided here.

I should also note that not including parens in the URL regex caused problems in the past with, say, Wikipedia links- I added them to fix this (much more widespread) problem.
This has been fixed, spaces are now added around the URL.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours