as of last year, firehauzer is postponed indefinitely. :p
It's been a while since I was last active here, huh.

Anyway, I haven't seen a bubble shooter game made for calculators yet, so I thought I'd make one.
Most of the game mechanics have been programmed in, all that needs to be implemented are the projectiles, the levels, and potential optimizations.
I will put the code up on Github soon.
I used Rembound's tutorial on making bubble shooter games as a guide.
Demo image:
Hey cool - I love Bubble Bobble etc - would be a great addition to the CE's library when done.
Some more progress, there's a bug in one of the functions where converting an X coordinate of value 0 to a grid position gives 1 instead of 0, which you can see here:

I've made a bit of progress on this in the last few days! I managed to fix most of the bugs involving the basic mechanics, and now the bubble snapping part is working! Once I have the survival part of the game finished, I'll publish the code on Github.
SomeCoolGuy wrote:
[size=7]
Anyway, I haven't seen a bubble shooter game made for calculators yet, so I thought I'd make one

https://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/245/24578.html
It doesn't contain the source, though, so it's probably unhelpful to your development efforts.
Hey awesome, I really enjoy these bubble shooter style games - they can be very addictive.

Love the colours too.
First, the bubbles. I tried to scale them to fit the image space given, and I think it gives the grid a more full look.
Secondly, though the bubble-snapping mostly works, I've been seeing some problems where the bubble snaps to the wrong tile. In the image, the first shot's a bit questionable, and the 2nd and 4th shots end up on the wrong tile. I have an idea on how to fix it, though. Also, I've uploaded the code here.

I found the issue! I just typed the wrong variable in the coordinate to tile index function! Now it's acting a lot more natural. I updated the code on Github to account for this.

Hey dude, looks colourful!

Is there any way to speed up the bubbles or are they supposed to be at that speed? Laughing

Anyways, keep up the good work!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours