Introducing, Memorized the Sequence, a memory game for TI-84 Plus CE calculators, written in pure TI-Basic! The object is simple: Memorize a flashing sequence of numbers, and press the number keys that correspond to the numbers, in order, to complete rounds.

But wait! There's a timer! You have to repeat the given sequence before the timer runs out! If you run out of time, or press the wrong number key, it's game over!

How far will you make it? Test your memorization skills today!

Source for TI-84+ CE: https://www.cemetech.net/downloads/files/2084/x2228
Source for TI-84+: https://www.cemetech.net/downloads/files/2093/x2218

There is a tutorial built-in to the game, and you can always practice with easier difficulty settings, like slow/fast sequencing, or adjusting the number range. Beware, don't try to press all the number keys before the numbers stop flashing, as an anti-exploit is programmed in so that you would lose after the sequence is over.

Picture:

*The TI-84 Plus port version runs a bit slower due to slower hardware, but the timer is shortened and capped at 40 seconds.
I quite like the configurability of this program- this is definitely a neat addition. The core game itself reminds me of that one hand-held single-player electronic memory game Simon (the one with the four colors)- this was one of the first BASIC games I published (and boy does it show)

I also like the timer- it's as if the program is saying "if you don't remember it right away, you won't remember it ever"

Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see your future programs
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I quite like the configurability of this program- this is definitely a neat addition. The core game itself reminds me of that one hand-held single-player electronic memory game Simon (the one with the four colors)- this was one of the first BASIC games I published (and boy does it show)

I also like the timer- it's as if the program is saying "if you don't remember it right away, you won't remember it ever"

Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see your future programs

Tysm. Before posting this program, I saw a similar Simon-like program written in ASM, and I also got the idea from a minigame recently introduced to a Minecraft server.

One thing I need to address is that in late rounds, the timer scales quite a lot, and I will need to put a maximum timeframe in the next update.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours