You know what, I stand corrected; I assumed that the rom8x README properly discussed how to run those programs. You need to use the Asm( token found in the Catalog ([2nd][0]):
1) On the homescreen, press [2nd][0] to access the Catalog, move the cursor down to Asm(, and press [ENTER] to paste that token to the homescreen.
2) Press [PRGM], find the program to run, and press [ENTER].
3) The homescreen should display Asm(prgmG84CSE1 or Asm(prgmG84CSE2. Press [ENTER] once more to actually run the program.
Thanks!!!!

I have no idea what an Asm( token is, but following your directions worked.
JeffBship wrote:
Thanks!!!!

I have no idea what an Asm( token is, but following your directions worked.
The Asm( token tells the calculator that the program that you're about to run is an assembly program, rather than a TI-BASIC program. There's a type of program/App called a shell that will run programs for you, eliminating the need to use the Asm() token; one example for the TI-84 Plus CSE is Doors CSE 8, if you plan to run other programs on your calculator.
Hey, im actually at the point where i select the asm( thing, press prgm and then use the file for my Calculator (TI-84 SE, so the G84PSE1 and G84PSE2 files right?) and press enter and BOOM "ERROR INVALID Attempted to use a variable or function where its not valid" What do i do wrong? I checked many times that its the file (plus still trying to do it with the other files) and thats in RAM and not the Archive, but it still doesnt work [/img]
I've registered just to post this message. Since TI has not allowed Wabbitemu to download directly, I've not been able to get my students to install the app. So I stumbled upon this thread and thought I'd give it a shot for my Android Phone APP.

I am using a TI-84 C Silver Edition.

I downloaded and unzipped the rom8x files.
I assumed that the 84CSE folder was for my calc.
I uploaded the two files, ran the Asm( token on them, and download the APPVars to the folder.
I opened a Command window in the folder, and typed the following:

Code:
rom8x 84CSE -u TI-84_Plus_CE-OS-5.2.1.0042.8eu

It did its thing and created 84CSE_v26568564204027.ROM in the folder, but it also said it was unable to write TI-84_Plus_CE-OS-5.2.1.0042.8eu to ROM file.

I went ahead and tried to run Wabbitemu APP on my phone and selected the ROM that was created via this process. The TI84 calc showed up and the buttons were responsive, but nothing was displayed on the calcs screen.

Where did I go wrong? How do I fix this?
Welcome to Cemetech! You said you have a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, but as the name implies, TI-84_Plus_CE_OS-5.2.1.0042 is for the TI-84 Plus CE, a different calculator. You'll need the .8cu OS image for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition rather than the TI-84 Plus CE OS. By the way, if you need to run a calculator emulator on your computer/phone/tablet, have you checked out jsTIfied, which runs in your web browser and does not require installation? It supports the same ROMs that rom8x produces.
In addition to Kerm, you can download the CSE OS over here: https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=33155
(It can be hard to find, since it has been removed from the official TI website)
Those dang naming schemes got me
MrLarkins wrote:
Those dang naming schemes got me
Yep, it happens. Even our good friends at TI have made the odd comment about the hilariously unwieldy "TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition".
OK, let's start at the beginning.

The rom8x folder contains the following folders:
83PBE, 83PSE, 84CSE, 84PBE, and 84PSE.

I have a TI-84 Plus C Silver edition as well as TI-SmartView with a TI-84 Plus CE.

Which rom8x folder goes with which calculator? Is there a token for the TI-84 Plus CE that I can use?
max281099 wrote:
Hey, im actually at the point where i select the asm( thing, press prgm and then use the file for my Calculator (TI-84 SE, so the G84PSE1 and G84PSE2 files right?) and press enter and BOOM "ERROR INVALID Attempted to use a variable or function where its not valid" What do i do wrong? I checked many times that its the file (plus still trying to do it with the other files) and thats in RAM and not the Archive, but it still doesnt work [/img]

I have the exact same problem! Graphing Calculator Graphing Calculator . I use Asm( prgmG84CSE1 on my TI-84 Plus CE, and I get this error
I know this forum isn't active anymore, but why would this problem happen to only some people? Is the program outdated, or does it have to be run differently?

(Frickin image hosting site makes me pay to link to embed it so just click on it)
Aiddog10 wrote:
I have the exact same problem! Graphing Calculator Graphing Calculator . I use Asm( prgmG84CSE1 on my TI-84 Plus CE, and I get this error
I know this forum isn't active anymore, but why would this problem happen to only some people? Is the program outdated, or does it have to be run differently?

Hello Aiddog10, and welcome to Cemetech! For the TI84+CE, you will need to use CEmu in order to get a rom and emulate. You can download it here: https://ce-programming.github.io/CEmu/
when I try to run rom8x I am getting this error

Program 'rom8x.exe' failed to run: Access is deniedAt line:1 char:2
+ C:\Users\Ted\Desktop\rom8x\rom8x-0.3.2\rom8x 84PBE -u TI84Plus_OS255 ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.
At line:1 char:2
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: (:) [], ApplicationFailedException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandFailed
I removed the read only flag from the entire directory tree and still got this.

I need some guidance here.

Thanks
I'm not exactly certain about what's going on here. To help narrow it down, did you extract both appvars and all of the files (appvars and OS file) are in the location?
Yes they are

D84PBE1.8xv
D84PBE2.8xv
TI84Plus_OS255.8Xu
rom8x.exe

All in C:\Users\Ted\Desktop\rom8x\rom8x-0.3.2

I also have a new TI-84 Plus CE and when I run the ASM function it sticks prgm in front of the G84CSE1 program name and throws an error as well. How do I get it to leave the prgm out of the string
thartley wrote:
I also have a new TI-84 Plus CE and when I run the ASM function it sticks prgm in front of the G84CSE1 program name and throws an error as well. How do I get it to leave the prgm out of the string

What error does it say? Could you possibly provide a screenshot or something? Also, prgmG84CSE1 won't work on a CE.
All is says is Error. It has to be the prgm that is getting stuck in front of the file name. This is a new calculator and I am not a familiar with it as I am the TI-84 Plus that I am also having trouble with
The calculator is supposed to stick prgm in front of the program name. On the CE, you don't need the Asm( token, if you're using OS 5.3 or above. If you want to dump the ROM from a CE, then you need to use CEmu.
https://ce-programming.github.io/CEmu/download
OK then thanks, any thoughts on why rom8x is not working on my original question?
Quote:
Program 'rom8x.exe' failed to run: Access is deniedAt line:1 char:2
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.
At line:1 char:2
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: (Smile [], ApplicationFailedException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandFailed
I removed the read only flag from the entire directory tree and still got this.

The problem is not that it's read-only, but that execute permission is not set for the rom8x binary.

I suspect you may have antivirus causing problems, because I don't think Windows will set it -x by default.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours