Found a few bugs when trying to run the game without the levels appvar. The first time I did it, I tried to run the first level and the game just ran the "Level complete" screen in a loop until I exited out, after which I ran the game and this happened:

None of the the numbers show up, and there is no cursor anymore. This could probably be fixed with a simple check at the beginning of the program that exits it if the levels appvar does not exist.
Found three bugs:

1. The "continue to next level" option (the arrow) on the level completion screen shows up in the pause menu as well, but doesn't work whether you've cleared the next level or not.

2. If you're flying through the levels and move to the next world, the color scheme doesn't change when you move from, say 1-20 to 2-1. Whether the levels have been completed or not doesn't matter.

3. If you manage to pull of the above glitch, leaving the level and going to the world select doesn't fix the colors, you have to move to another world and back to update the palette.

All in all very good game, thanks for letting us Americans enjoy it again!
King Dub Dub wrote:
Found three bugs:

1. The "continue to next level" option (the arrow) on the level completion screen shows up in the pause menu as well, but doesn't work whether you've cleared the next level or not.

2. If you're flying through the levels and move to the next world, the color scheme doesn't change when you move from, say 1-20 to 2-1. Whether the levels have been completed or not doesn't matter.

3. If you manage to pull of the above glitch, leaving the level and going to the world select doesn't fix the colors, you have to move to another world and back to update the palette.

All in all very good game, thanks for letting us Americans enjoy it again!

1. I included this as a "Continue" option, but I didn't want to add another icon. I've gone ahead and added this in so it looks like a regular play button.

2. I was working on the palette swapping and completely overlooked that I got rid of this before submitting to the archives. Currently uploading a version that fixes this error.

3. This problem has been resolved in the most recent version. A newer one is being submitted which will have the palette swapping error fixed.

Thanks to all who pointed out bugs or things that I completely overlooked!
I actually like doing worlds 2-3 with world 1's palette.
ShinyGardevoir wrote:
I actually like doing worlds 2-3 with world 1's palette.

Me too, that'd be a neat setting too, especially since it's hard to quickly differentiate between portals and ground tiles in world 4 (makes it harder to speedrun lol). I found some more bugs with the levels:

1. In 5-11 you can get both the snakes into a portal at the same time, which beats the level since they both "clear" a tile on exit and entry even though they clip into each other. You can do it via pressing right, left, down, right, left, up from the start of the level.

2. If you play 6-38 after starting from a different world (i.e. the level uses the wrong palette) then the locked block in the center disappears once the level finishes loading. I'm not sure what exactly glitches it, since loading the level directly doesn't glitch the block, but playing through from 5-40 to 6-38 seems to work.

3. You can't beat the game since you can't get past 8-15, there's no snake to control so the level is unplayable.
Problem solved! I must have had an outdated version of FILEIOC, which was the issue. After sending the latest version, everything works fine! I played for an hour this morning and I must confess this is an addicting game! Awesome job, Matkeller19!
This game is SO fun! Great job, matkeller19!
Is it normal that when I get to Level 15 of World 8 the guy doesn't show up anymore? He still appears in the other levels, but not 8-15. I haven't been able to beat 8-15 (not sure if you can move even) so I don't know about the levels after.
I guess 8-14 is supposed to be the last level of Maze Dash, until a new app variable with levels gets released.
That's odd... I ran the program on my TI-84+CE, and it worked... sort of. I had to scroll down to World 2 for Level 1 to show up, and then it crashed my calculator after I completed level 1.To be fair, I have quite a lot of junk on it, but I don't think it was memory that caused it.

EDIT: Okay, it works now. I was using Cesium, so it wasn't deleted. It works really well, but there are a few graphical bugs, including a "0" in the upper left-hand corner. It won't seem to go away...
darkwater4213 wrote:
That's odd... I ran the program on my TI-84+CE, and it worked... sort of. I had to scroll down to World 2 for Level 1 to show up, and then it crashed my calculator after I completed level 1.To be fair, I have quite a lot of junk on it, but I don't think it was memory that caused it.

EDIT: Okay, it works now. I was using Cesium, so it wasn't deleted. It works really well, but there are a few graphical bugs, including a "0" in the upper left-hand corner. It won't seem to go away...

Strange, I haven't seen the first issue occur before for anyone. If it happens again or if you are able to provide more information that would be much appreciated!. As for the second issue, that was an error in me uploading the correct file. I have fixed the bug and it will be uploaded to the archives shortly.
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but you can get two snakes to merge in world 5, level 37. Go left, then down. the two yellow snakes will merge. Can anyone please explain this? Is it on purpose, or just a bug?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours