Should the Organizer CSE/CE be released in different languages?
Yes, other language versions would be nice.
 100%  [ 4 ]
No, English is just fine.
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Since the Organizer CSE/CE is based from Texas Instruments' TI-83 Plus Organizer, we thought that we might like to take it a step farther. The original TI-83+ Organizer has three different versions to it (one for each language: English, French, and Spanish).

Organizer CSE/CE
Organizer App (TI-83+ Organizer)

Should the Organizer CSE/CE also have this capability? If so, please vote "Yes" and reply to this thread saying what language you would like the Organizer CSE/CE to be translated to.
Definitely French. Maybe also Spanish or Japanese (Razz)
TIny_Hacker wrote:
Definitely French. Maybe also Spanish or Japanese (Razz)

I don't think that Japanese is possible, but I'm sure that I can do Spanish and French.
Japanese would be hard, but you could possibly do romaji-style Japanese.

EDIT: I'll help out if you like, I speak Japanese and English.
KMisthebomb wrote:
Japanese would be hard, but you could possibly do romaji-style Japanese.

EDIT: I'll help out if you like, I speak Japanese and English.

Is it possible to even type in Japanese on a calculator though?
You could make a Japanese font, but I was kidding.
We have now decided that we will be making different language versions of the Organizer. We will, for sure, be doing a Spanish and French version. We do not currently have an estimated time for when these will be completed.
Continuing on with this project... I'm planning on just using Google Translate. Is that reliable enough for something like this, because I do know that Google Translate can sometimes by inaccurate. I am not, personally, an expert in French or Spanish, so will Google Translate be acceptable to use for something like this?
It can be a good place to start, but you should always have someone that's fluent in the language proof read it because GT can get things *really* wrong sometimes. So long as you make it easy to proof read, you may be able to find someone here or at TI-Planet who would be willing to look it over.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours