Game Name: PLR (Protect, Live, Run)

Introduction

The setting of The Game takes place in the wildernessYou are a Survivor. You're supposed to survive nights “waves” against zombies attack on your forge “base”. When it’s the day the player will gather resources such as wood, meat, stone. As you advance you can level up pieces of your base. There are also different types of zombies for example “human zombies, advanced human zombies (they have weapons), animals (kill for meat), demons zombies (highest wave), and etc.”. Players will be able to build and advance their base by using their resources. Players can build defense buildings on their forge “this will defend from the zombie attacks”. When the defense weapon fails, players can use their on hand weapons to attack the zombies. The goal to toughen up your base to survive the zombie waves.

How to finish the game:
  • There is no way to finish the game … just survive!!!

How can players die?
  • When it’s night players can leave their “base” they have a chance of getting eaten by a zombie … but if their base is still built they will respawn.

• If a user attacks an animal and does not have a weapon they have a chance of dying.

• “If multiplayer” user can get killed by other players

• If the base is destroyed by zombies.

Type
  • Web: 3D
  • CE: Pseudo 3D (Mode 7)

Platform
  • Web : Play Canvas
  • CE : C

Trello Board: Here "Check it out Smile "
Cemetech are you ready for what we got planned!! Smile
probably Razz
Just Joking I have no idea what you're doing.
We will be uploading information about our game tomorrow. Good Idea
[Moved to first post] Very Happy
We will be posting screenshots and concept art for the Web and CE version of the game. Stay tuned for more.
*Bump Trello board has been updated!! Check Progress out here
Teaser!!!

More info coming soon... Good Idea
*Bump : The Trello Board Has been updated.

CE: "It's just left with '3D engine' portion. it runs very fast without the 3D engine right now. after that we can move on to porting the game."

Web: "The main menu items are done just need to work on the mechanics."
If you haven't noticed we update our Trello board daily
We'll also be posting updates tomorrow, originally it was supposed to be today but we didn't have time to.
Today we will be showcasing our (CE) version and will be showing concepts and our lovely menus. Smile

Let's start with the main menu:

As you can the menu consists of 3 part play, how to play, (i) about, (gear) settings.
we chose a minimalistic feel. very simple black background.

When clicked (Concepts).

Play
:

How to play:
> > > > >

Settings:
> > >

About:

And lastly our game engine:

It still needs some work (needs to be more optimized).

here is some concept are for the gameplay:
(don't worry cubes are a place holder for our sprites)

Hopefully, we can showcase the Web Version soon.

What do you think about the project?
Wow that looks awesome! For some reason it reminds me of old 1.7 minecraft zombie survival maps.
The menus look great and so does the engine. Are you planning on releasing the source or a test build soon? I'd love to give this a try once it is working. Very Happy
KnightsWhoSayNi wrote:
Wow that looks awesome! For some reason it reminds me of old 1.7 minecraft zombie survival maps.
The menus look great and so does the engine. Are you planning on releasing the source or a beat soon? I'd love to give this a try once it is working. Very Happy

If all goes as planned we will be releasing the source code after the contest, but we are probably thinking of making the engine open-sourced for other users to use for their own games. We going to release the beta after the contest is over.
This is looking REALLY cool! I can't wait to play it, and I'm especially looking forward to multiplayer mode if that's still a thing!
TIny_Hacker wrote:
This is looking REALLY cool! I can't wait to play it, and I'm especially looking forward to multiplayer mode if that's still a thing!

Thank you. Smile
Multiplayer Mode for the Web version would be on hold till after the contest. as for CE, We have never made a multiplayer online CE "Sadly we don't know.".
Alvajoy123 wrote:
TIny_Hacker wrote:

Thank you. Smile
Multiplayer Mode for the Web version would be on hold till after the contest. as for CE, We have never made a multiplayer online CE "Sadly we don't know.".

If possible, maybe you could do a calc-to-calc multiplayer for the CE. That would be easier (I think) than an actual online multiplayer client.
TIny_Hacker wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:
TIny_Hacker wrote:

Thank you. Smile

If possible, maybe you could do a calc-to-calc multiplayer for the CE. That would be easier (I think) than an actual online multiplayer client.

Calc to Calc seems easier only if we get the CE version finished on time if not we will put the project down for later.
Wow this looks so cool! Keep up the awesome work, looking forward to seeing more screenies.
Your sprites look absolutely amazing! I'm jealous Razz
tr1p1ea wrote:
Wow this looks so cool! Keep up the awesome work, looking forward to seeing more screenies.

Thank you Smile. I'll be uploading some updates soon.

Pieman7373 wrote:
Your sprites look absolutely amazing! I'm jealous Razz

Thank you Smile. But I don't take credit for all the sprites mainly shak0579 Razz

Lastest News:
  • The web version of a game has been "paused" shak0579 says that we continue the production of the web version after the contest.

• The Production of the game menu is almost done "I will finish programming that by tonight" we're going to spend the last month working on the game engine and the actual game itself. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours