I have been trying to get the Grammer2 and BBC Basic programs to work on the Ti-84+(not CE) however, it always leads to display issues. Both libraries display as a mess of pixels when run from the Apps button. I have tried using the alcdfix program to remedy this, however, this does nothing. The only program I was able to get working without issues was MirageOS.
I don't believe there is a fix for this yet outside of ALCDFIX. TI being cheap with their screens (In newer calcs specifically) and having them angled causes this.
FleshyOverlord wrote:
I have been trying to get the Grammer2 and BBC Basic programs to work on the Ti-84+(not CE) however, it always leads to display issues. Both libraries display as a mess of pixels when run from the Apps button. I have tried using the alcdfix program to remedy this, however, this does nothing. The only program I was able to get working without issues was MirageOS.


Oh man I'll see if I can get Zeda the creator of Grammer 2 on to this issue. I would help directly if I knew more about Grammer 2 but I'm just the co person/documentation-er. Have you tried Axe to see if that works. Also can you give some information on your calc. Your OS - Boot Code, etc
NonstickAtom785 wrote:
FleshyOverlord wrote:
I have been trying to get the Grammer2 and BBC Basic programs to work on the Ti-84+(not CE) however, it always leads to display issues. Both libraries display as a mess of pixels when run from the Apps button. I have tried using the alcdfix program to remedy this, however, this does nothing. The only program I was able to get working without issues was MirageOS.


Oh man I'll see if I can get Zeda the creator of Grammer 2 on to this issue. I would help directly if I knew more about Grammer 2 but I'm just the co person/documentation-er. Have you tried Axe to see if that works. Also can you give some information on your calc. Your OS - Boot Code, etc


Grammer did just update last week, didn't it? I suppose you could try that version, although I doubt that will fix anything.
(Also I have had the same issue stated above with DoorsCS7, OS is 2.55MP)
Oxiti8 wrote:
NonstickAtom785 wrote:
FleshyOverlord wrote:
I have been trying to get the Grammer2 and BBC Basic programs to work on the Ti-84+(not CE) however, it always leads to display issues. Both libraries display as a mess of pixels when run from the Apps button. I have tried using the alcdfix program to remedy this, however, this does nothing. The only program I was able to get working without issues was MirageOS.


Oh man I'll see if I can get Zeda the creator of Grammer 2 on to this issue. I would help directly if I knew more about Grammer 2 but I'm just the co person/documentation-er. Have you tried Axe to see if that works. Also can you give some information on your calc. Your OS - Boot Code, etc


Grammer did just update last week, didn't it? I suppose you could try that version, although I doubt that will fix anything.
(Also I have had the same issue stated above with DoorsCS7, OS is 2.55MP)


No Grammer didnít just get an update. The last update was like in January and that one fixed and added a lot of things. I donít know how Zeda kept track of my stuff and theirs. The display issues are crazy I forgot that this was a new issue that TI presented.
You should try downgrading. There are some tutorials for that. It just requires unsigning your OS then sending the os to the calc. I would suggest OS 2.40 or 2.43.
NonstickAtom785 wrote:
You should try downgrading. There are some tutorials for that. It just requires unsigning your OS then sending the os to the calc. I would suggest OS 2.40 or 2.43.

I had heard that mathprint was known to cause issues. Will downgrading break anything? (Calc came with 2.55MP)
Oxiti8 wrote:
NonstickAtom785 wrote:
You should try downgrading. There are some tutorials for that. It just requires unsigning your OS then sending the os to the calc. I would suggest OS 2.40 or 2.43.

I had heard that mathprint was known to cause issues. Will downgrading break anything? (Calc came with 2.55MP)


Both of my calcs came with 2.55MP and I downgraded both without breaking anything. BUT I would ask one of the more advanced members. I know a lot but I don't know whether or not it will brick your calc. And even if it does you can still revert it back to the original OS. It's really a hit and miss.
Thank you for all the support!
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement