I’m about to be getting a new graphing calculator but the only Ti-84 I can seem to get is the CE-T and python version. Can I still run games like doom on these versions as you would with the standard 84 plus?
Games made for the 84+ don't run on the CE. However, the CE has a lot of its own games that are just as fun. I don't think there's a working doom clone yet, but you can see a list of games in the downloads section.
You will need to use arTIfiCE to install them, if you're buying the Python version - I have a video on how to do this.
There are separate versions of games that run for different calculators. What you need is a jailbreak called Artifice in order to play games on an 84+ CE-T if the OS is above 5.4.
You cannot run the exact same games that run on the TI-84 Plus with the black-and-white screen, but there's a pretty extensive collection of games and programs written specifically for the TI-84 Plus CE. However, note that you must keep your OS below version 5.5/5.6, which removes the ability to run most assembly programs and games.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours