Math Finder v0.75
Math Finder is a program for the TI 84 Plus CE that can find the volumes and surface areas of geometric shapes. It is still under heavy development but I thought I would share my progress with the Cemetech community. It is written entirely in TI-Basic to ensure that it would work on all OS versions. Originally I was going to write it using ICE Compiler but after consideration I wrote it in TI-Basic. This decision would pay off after TI decided on a whim to remove ASM support. A TI-Nspire CX II/TI-Nspire CX II CAS port might be possible and might happen someday. But that might be far off because of the lack of good programming on it. That lack would require a significant change in the program.

Now for some eye candy:

Screenshots will not be updated as frequently as the program.

It is important to note that it is still a work in progress, as you may have noticed in the gif where the quit option on the main menu throws an error. There were many errors in that one recording, most of which have been fixed. If there are any issues or bugs that you find, please reply below with a explanation. I do plan to continue development, make improvements, and fix bugs.

This is my first project post on Cemetech, so I hope I did everything right.

TODO Exclamation

Arrow Revamp Main Menu - ✅ Done
Arrow Replace uppercase text with lowercase text. (74%)
Arrow Add surface area functionality to existing formulas.
Arrow Add more formulas
Arrow Add more screenshots.
Arrow Fix errors Exclamation Important Exclamation (85%)
Arrow Add slope formula. - ✅ Done
Arrow Rewrite old code.
Arrow Update pyramid section. - ✅ Done
Arrow Add least common multiple. - ✅ Done
Arrow Add greatest common denominator. - ✅ Done
Arrow Import newly created icon. - ✅ Done

Features Cool
Arrow Finds the volumes of Cylinders, Rectangular Prisms, Cubes, Pyramids, and with more to come.
Arrow Finds the surface areas of Rectangular Prisms, Pyramids, Cubes, Cylinders, and with more to come.
Arrow Includes Distance, Midpoint, and Slope formulas.
Arrow Compatible with your favorite shells! The program even has a Cesium icon. Very Happy
Arrow Compatible with all OS versions 5.3 or newer. (Math Finder might be compatible with OS 5.2.2 but that would significantly degrade your experience.)

Just a reminder before you download, this program is still in beta.
The current version of Math Finder is v0.75 and contains numerous improvements over v0.74.
Download:
Arrow http://ceme.tech/DL2028
Arrow https://github.com/jake01756/Math-Finder
The GitHub Link may be more up to date then the Cemetech Archives.

Have any feature suggestions? Please leave a comment below, and they might get added.

Here is a small snippet of code:

Code:
Lbl 3
Menu("Cube","Volume",56,"Surface Area",57,"Back",85
Lbl 56
Disp "Cube - v=a*a*a OR"
Disp "V=A^3"
Input "Edge?",A
A^3->V
Disp "Volume is",V
Pause
Menu("Do another?","Yes",56,"No",3)
Lbl 57
Disp "Cube - sa=6A^2"
Input "Edge?",A
6*A^2->V
Disp "Surface Area is",V
Pause
Menu("Do another?","Yes",57,"No",3)

I hope you enjoy using Math Finder.

This project is currently on hold.
looks neat!! I'll need this for my math class. Laughing

Waiting for download Smile
I also plan to add *many, many more* formulas. I'll try and fix errors, tonight and tomorrow (Eastern Time) and release a download (in the beta stages). (When I figure out how to submit things to the archives, I think I know but am not entirely sure.) While the program is in the beta stages you'll find many odds and missing options.

Anyway, back to source coder 3!
Just uploaded two versions to the archives. The first version has a bug that the activation function would treat all products keys as "valid". The purpose of the product activation screen is to get people to read the warning. I have fixed this bug in the second version. It is possible however that the first version will be approved for the archives first and the second version may not be approved as quickly, I cannot do anything about this.
I don't know if you already know this, but most lower case letters take up 2 bytes, while most upper case letters take up 1 byte; using lots of lower case letters in your program will enlarge the program and take up more Archive memory.
I think lower case A-D, S, T, Z, and others used for stat variables are 1 bytes, but G, O, and some others take up 2.

I also got a syntax error from using the slope formula and putting a negative number (not via the minus operator) for D.
ShinyGardevoir wrote:
I don't know if you already know this, but most lower case letters take up 2 bytes, while most upper case letters take up 1 byte; using lots of lower case letters in your program will enlarge the program and take up more Archive memory.
I think lower case A-D, S, T, Z, and others used for stat variables are 1 bytes, but G, O, and some others take up 2.

I also got a syntax error from using the slope formula and putting a negative number (not via the minus operator) for D.

If this is for the CE (which it looks like it does), using lowercase isn't too big of a problem since users have access to a glorious 1.5MB of RAM. It's only a problem on monochrome since they only have ~24,000 bytes of RAM.
Quote:
If this is for the CE (which it looks like it does), using lowercase isn't too big of a problem since users have access to a glorious 1.5MB of RAM. It's only a problem on monochrome since they only have ~24,000 bytes of RAM.
This program is for the TI-84 Plus CE or the european equivalent. It will also work on the Python edition calculators as well.

Quote:
This error is currently under investigation. The most likely cause of this is from the conversion from Sourcecoder 3 to the execution on the CE itself.

When the next version of the program is ready to be released, this bug will be fixed.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours