I don't think this works with Celtic though, I might be wrong.

Honestly what would be best is (I know, I know) to rewrite it in Axe.
@Nomkid this works with Celtic.
Rewriting in Axe would probably be for the best because Basic Builder requires the TI-83+ SDK, which is not available for download anymore. Sorry for the disappointment.
TIny_Hacker wrote:
@Nomkid this works with Celtic.
Rewriting in Axe would probably be for the best because Basic Builder requires the TI-83+ SDK, which is not available for download anymore. Sorry for the disappointment.

I have the TI-83 Plus SDK for Windows in Google Drive. It's been sitting in there for ages unused. If you want it PM me your email address and I can send it to you. Whoever wants it.
Why does this man have like EVERYTHING.

Anyways, you have my email, and I wouldn't mind having it for safekeeping. I can upload it to the Internet Archive files too.
Nomkid wrote:
Why does this man have like EVERYTHING.

Anyways, you have my email, and I wouldn't mind having it for safekeeping. I can upload it to the Internet Archive files too.

I shared it with you via Google Drive, since Gmail doesn't like to send zips or exes.

@NomKid
Nomkid++
Does all of this (referring to the above messages) mean that you do plan on making an application version of BASE?
RoccoLox Programs wrote:
Does all of this (referring to the above messages) means that you do plan on making an application version of BASE?

Yes, but it will not be me who signs the app. Tiny Hacker is planning to do this, in which I will add him to the credits. Hopefully, any bugs are fixed before this happens. I am working to find any bugs in the game. The only errors that would occur is when users modify the save data, not knowing what will happen.
BioHazard wrote:
RoccoLox Programs wrote:
Does all of this (referring to the above messages) means that you do plan on making an application version of BASE?

Yes,

Nice! I'll be sure to watch for it in the archives.
RoccoLox Programs wrote:
BioHazard wrote:
RoccoLox Programs wrote:

Yes,

Nice! I'll be sure to watch for it in the archives.

https://www.cemetech.net/downloads/files/2026
I was referring to the app version of the program that TIny_Hacker is going to sign.
Disappointing news: BasicBuilder requires a file for the TI-83/+, not 84+, and doesn't support anything later than OS 2.43. If you find a different way for me to sign it as an app, I'd be happy to help, though.
TIny_Hacker wrote:
Disappointing news: BasicBuilder requires a file for the TI-83/+, not 84+, and doesn't support anything later than OS 2.43. If you find a different way for me to sign it as an app, I'd be happy to help, though.

I forgot why I didn't like BasicBuilder, since it's been so long. Thanks for trying.
TIny_Hacker++

Either I sacrifice the time functionality, or I find a different software.
TIny_Hacker wrote:

I find that weird. I was just able to sign the app this morning and I have OS 2.55.
Sign BASE?
TIny_Hacker wrote:
Sign BASE?

Yep. I haven't gotten around to testing the entire app yet, but from what I have tested, it seems to be working fine.
I'd be happy to help test it! I find it odd that you were able to open it in BasicBuilder though; when I tried it just kept giving me an "Error: Invalid Header" error.
TIny_Hacker wrote:
I'd be happy to help test it! I find it odd that you were able to open it in BasicBuilder though; when I tried it just kept giving me an "Error: Invalid Header" error.

It may be different for him depending on what version of BasicBuilder he is using and/or Operating System (Non-calculator).
I was using the latest version on Windows 10, so I'm not sure what the issue was. Anyway, I'm glad it worked out in the end!
TIny_Hacker wrote:
I was using the latest version on Windows 10, so I'm not sure what the issue was. Anyway, I'm glad it worked out in the end!

Soon in a future update, here are the things I need to change in the program to reflect the flash app:

- Get rid of any det(5,"BASE",2 //Reads program version on second line of code
- Add Impossible! mode
- Remove any DelVars in the program, since the command cannot be used in flash apps
- Modify the Uninstall option to delete the appvar instead, instead of uninstalling the program, appvar, and group
- Find and fix any bugs that occur when the program becomes a flash app
BioHazard wrote:
TIny_Hacker wrote:

It may be different for him depending on what version of BasicBuilder he is using and/or Operating System (Non-calculator).

So I've been testing it all weekend, and I actually haven't found ANY bugs yet!
I used BasicBuilder 3.0 on Windows 7. I get the "Error: Invalid Header" alert, multiple times. So, I added in a different program that BasicBuilder let me add-in, and then I replaced it with BASE. Everything worked normally after that. I can send you the app if you want me to.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours