It seems that each time I try to add the doors application onto my Ti-84 Plus CE my Ti connect software states that DoorsCS7.8xk was created for another calculator and does not work on the TI-84 Plus CE - 0E23. Is there anything I am doing wrong or is the software actually incompatible?
The app was made for TI-84+ calculators. The CE is very different from those and so it is actually incompatible. Have a look here.
On the TI-eZ80 series, which your 84+CE belongs to, use Cesium instead Smile
It's incompatible. DoorsCS7 was made for the z80-based monochrome TI-83+/84+ series, not the eZ80-based CE. For more information, here's the wiki: https://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/Main_Page

As you can see, the development for the CE version has been put on hold due to TI's removal of OS-level support for assembly programs on the 84+CE. The exploit allowing native code to be run in the latest OS was only made public last week, and as far as I know, it's still unclear whether that can be used to load an app onto the CE. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong or if this changes.)
Quote:
As you can see, the development for the CE version has been put on hold due to TI's removal of OS-level support for assembly programs on the 84+CE

It had been on hold since much earlier. Cesium is the game in town on the TI-eZ80 series anyway.

Quote:
it's still unclear whether that can be used to load an app onto the CE

Cesium is available under the form of an unsigned app, its installer is an ASM program which was updated this week, after arTIfiCE became available: https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/cesium/releases (currently v3.3.1).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours