mr womp womp wrote:
"Please set a costum user name."
Sad

I didn't understand this post. Confused
He was reporting a typo, you meant "custom" Smile
Quick Update.:
Here is the new UI

with built-in scrolling and mouse pointer.

I did not know if I want the user to click once to edit attributes

I have revamped the menu and all its pins

last but not least the help section. I really don't like it but it will do for now 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lionel Debroux wrote:
He was reporting a typo, you meant "custom" Smile

Thank you. I blame it Andriod autocorrect.

What do you think of the new UI. would it be fine if the shell came with a sprite appvar. or everything should be built in?
First of all, Wow! That looks awesome!
To answer your questions, I love the new UI, and I think it looks really good! And I'm dine with a sprite appvar.

Are those screenshots, or did you just design those out? I'd love to see a build to try for myself.

Awesome man!
-Knights
This is looking great! I love the new UI and I can't wait to try it on my calc!
KnightsWhoSayNi wrote:
First of all, Wow! That looks awesome!
To answer your questions, I love the new UI, and I think it looks really good! And I'm dine with a sprite appvar.

Are those screenshots, or did you just design those out? I'd love to see a build to try for myself.

Awesome man!
-Knights

Thanks for the response Smile

Am glad to hear you love the UI but I feel like its missing something. I also need to redesign the Settings so it does not look like cesium too much. I upload that later.

They are concepts / Blueprints. I whipped it up in Aseprite I will these "Blueprints" as a guideline while programming.

"I'd love to see a build to try for myself." when it's ready Razz

TIny_Hacker wrote:
This is looking great! I love the new UI and I can't wait to try it on my calc!

Thank you Smile

I don't want to rush a release like last time. I'll take my time to squash bugs and issues as they approach.

Thanks again for the support I really appreciate it!! Smile
Quick Update:

I'll be releasing a GUI demo soon... Razz

I'll be releasing the new Settings, Lock Screen Concept images.

Is the GUI Menu to complicated?, I need ideas for settings and lock screen concept what examples do you have in mind?
I really like the gui as in your current renderings seen above. A lock screen would be really cool. Way cooler than the cesium password screen, which is just plain text. Maybe you could make it so that you can have a profile picture set. And going more abstract, having multiple users each with they're own image, password, and possibly files! Hidden for some users, but not for others.

I did some really rough concept art for what I'm talking about: https://imgur.com/a/Pm7Ee5P
But please, go with what you think is good, I'm not that good at ui design. Very Happy
Thanks!
-Knights
KnightsWhoSayNi wrote:
I really like the gui as in your current renderings seen above. A lock screen would be really cool. Way cooler than the cesium password screen, which is just plain text. Maybe you could make it so that you can have a profile picture set. And going more abstract, having multiple users each with they're own image, password, and possibly files! Hidden for some users, but not for others.

I did some really rough concept art for what I'm talking about: https://imgur.com/a/Pm7Ee5P
But please, go with what you think is good, I'm not that good at ui design. Very Happy
Thanks!
-Knights

Thank you Knights for responds!! Smile

I love the rough concept of the lock screen I'll redraw it later on in aseprite. but I have some few questions about multi-users and profile pictures. do you want stock photo I have made for the pfp or you want to be able upload a pfp via appvar. as for multi-user it's very simple ill store all data in appvars I may encrypt the password. one more question what should be the max length of a password?

as for now, I need inspiration with the setting GUI. How do you want it to look like?
I'm not really sure with the settings, as again, I'm not very good with UI. Maybe someone else has an idea.

For the passwords, I would suggest a pin or password feature. 4 number pins, for me, are easy to remember and nice too use. I think stock user photos will do fine. But maybe you could make it so that it takes the center out of a graph background photo you have stored on your calculator? With encryption, I have no clue at all. I don't think that security is a huge issue when it comes to calculator files, but obviously you can't store them in plain text. I don't know how to do encryption, but from my little knowledge, I think a key that has been randomly generated by the shell will suffice.

Anyway, thanks and keep up the great work!
-Knights
Looking great! I agree with Knights about the short pins, but maybe a pin generator would be helpful? Also, you will need usernames so that people who have the same pins (in the event that that happens) can't access each other's stuff as easily. How are you planning to do profile images?
EDIT: Also, did you remove or plan to remove the terminal feature? I understand if it was necessary, but it was one of my favorite parts. Sad
TIny_Hacker wrote:
Looking great! I agree with Knights about the short pins, but maybe a pin generator would be helpful? Also, you will need usernames so that people who have the same pins (in the event that that happens) can't access each other's stuff as easily. How are you planning to do profile images?
EDIT: Also, did you remove or plan to remove the terminal feature? I understand if it was necessary, but it was one of my favorite parts. Sad

Profile pictures will compose of 2 parts. the background and the user icon. users can change the user Icon from a boy to a girl later on users can upload there own icons.

also, the password (¨pin¨) will be 4 digits max.

am still working on settings for now and the mouse routine (adding a menu user clicks alpha)...

I´ll be releasing lock screen concepts later on today. Smile

edit:
Quote:
I'm not really sure with the settings, as again, I'm not very good with UI. Maybe someone else has an idea.
For the passwords, I would suggest a pin or password feature. 4 number pins, for me, are easy to remember and nice too use. I think stock user photos will do fine. But maybe you could make it so that it takes the center out of a graph background photo you have stored on your calculator? With encryption, I have no clue at all. I don't think that security is a huge issue when it comes to calculator files, but obviously you can't store them in plain text. I don't know how to do encryption, but from my little knowledge, I think a key that has been randomly generated by the shell will suffice.

Anyway, thanks and keep up the great work!
-Knights

I had a password feature in mind I was wondering if the user's password was too sensitive they could have it encrypted in the appvar other users can hexEDit for example to steal passwords 🤷‍♂️ . as for Pfp, I think users can use an on calc pixel editor (I think beck made one not too long ago) to edit it.

What do you think? should I make changes?

Thanks for the support Smile
Forgot to post these yesterday.
New Project ICON:
these are a few screenshots of the Prototype lock screen.

This is pin input. don't have one for password input yet. (should allow costum pfp down the road)

This is what I had in mind for multi-users selection
:

I also created new Icons (inspired by github)

What do think about these? What do you like and don't like?
Smile
The new Icons are looking great! The input screen is good too. I have one little feature that is not necessary, but would be cool, which is a dark theme. I am excited to see this progress!
Oh wow! Those look awesome! Also, a dark theme would be great.
I guess my last message didn't go through, probably because i wrote it on my phone.
Anyway, I think everything looks great, but for the lock screen, I think the time and battery icon would be better in the top right corner. But idk. Really Looking forward to a public build!
-Knights
TIny_Hacker wrote:
The new Icons are looking great! The input screen is good too. I have one little feature that is not necessary, but would be cool, which is a dark theme. I am excited to see this progress!

Thank you!! for the support Smile
dark theme sound cool but the user will be able to change the background and foreground.

I'll draw up a concept later.

KnightsWhoSayNi wrote:
Oh wow! Those look awesome! Also, a dark theme would be great.
I guess my last message didn't go through, probably because I wrote it on my phone.
Anyway, I think everything looks great, but for the lock screen, I think the time and battery icon would be better in the top right corner. But idk. Really Looking forward to a public build!
-Knights

Thank you!! for the support
Smile
the dark theme sounds great but the users will be able to change the shell color like in cesium. so they can make a dark theme color kind of color.

as for the look screen, I will move the battery icon to the top right. "top right was kind of empty Laughing "
I also need to but the version number somewhere "users menu seems like a great idea".

if you want to feel how the shell would look on you calc get TLM's photo viewer and pop the images above. "BOOM" you now have Xenon on your calc Laughing
Wow. This project is really coming along.
jake01756 wrote:
Wow. This project is really coming along.

Thank you and also thank you for your support. Smile

Quick Update:

I had to restart programming the was a major bug that did not allow the program to open. Sad
I'll keep you up to date on the latest info.

Edit:
The issue was fixed Smile
Quick Update:

With School and everything going on development has been very slow. I'll upload some development prototype screenshots later this week. "ill set up a Trello Board so development can go way faster Very Happy Good Idea "

Development Log:

So I was thinking of customization and how there is a white space for a background (area behind the program icons). So I was thinking up some customization features and here is what I came up with:
  • Custom image (Basically a sprite, user can upload there own).
  • Gradient colors (User chooses two colors it that color will gradually move from color A to color B).

I have some concept images of these I post them later on today.

What do you think about the customization idea? Do you have anything idea?
I think this'll work very well! The Trello board will be very handy. I love the customization system that you proposed, as it seems like a perfect idea. Very Happy Can't wait to see the screenshots!
Also, do you have a plan for the settings menu?
Keep up the amazing work!
-Knights

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours