I am excited to announce my latest project: a clone of Cow Clicker for the TI-84 Plus in TI-BASIC! (If you don't know what Cow Clicker is, click the link above) With the recent addition of Facebook for the TI-84 Plus CE, I thought I'd bring in another popular Facebook game from a few years ago.

Gameplay
Ian Bogost wrote:
You get a cow. You can click on it.

In an hour, you can click on it again. Clicking earns you a virtual currency, Mooney, as well as Clicks. You can use mooney to buy upgrades, more cows, and custom cows.

Progress
So far, the game is fully playable, though missing a few features. It includes a field for your cows, a shop to buy upgrades, and a screen to view your clicks and awards (the screen pauses so you can take a picture/screenshot to share your score). The sprites and cursor are done using the DCS Basic Libraries.

UI: 100% [##########]
Gameplay: 100% [##########]
Shop: 100% [##########]
Sprites: 100% [##########]

What you can do if you want to help
If you would like to help me with my project you can PM me more post below what you would be interested in doing. Choices are as follows:
1. Bug testers! Bug testers are very important for programs. VERY important.
2. Sprites! If you are interested in making custom cow sprites, please let me know. the dimensions for the sprites are 16x16, in black and white.
3. That's all I can think of for now. If you have something else you want to help with, feel free to let me know!

Release
A release should be coming in the next few weeks. I'll have a version up on github for bug testing once I figure out how to upload an .8xp file to a repository. (For some reason I haven't been able to get that to work, if someone could tell me how , that would be great.)
Update:
Here is a screenshot:

Note that the reason why no items are in the shop is that they only show up when you have enough mooney/are allowed to buy them.
*BUMP*
An official release is now available in the archives! Feel free to report bugs and give feedback.
Congrats on the release - I meant to post in here earlier.

The game runs really nice and makes me laugh for some reason (in a good way).
Hi,
I am having a slight problem, because for some reason my calc (ti84+) is running a patch of DCS7, and when I run the program, I get the message for needing doors cs. Is there something wrong on my end?
There's a chance that Doors 7 got disabled (possibly from running another app). Just try opening the Doors desktop and then running the program.
JPJUspeed wrote:
Hi,
I am having a slight problem, because for some reason my calc (ti84+) is running a patch of DCS7, and when I run the program, I get the message for needing doors cs. Is there something wrong on my end?

I have the program with default detection for DCS 7.2. I assume it would work the same with patches but I'm not sure Smile
Trying what RoccoLox said should probably work, but let me know if you're still having difficulties.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours